10th Night: Return to Sora Empire

~Third person PoV, that same evening~

Rina, Satsuki, Aiko, and Azusa, along with the other Aristocrat vampires were all sitting in the living room enjoying a cup of tea with some cookies on the side.

"I wonder if Serenity's okay..." Rina worriedly said.

"I'm sure she is... But that meltdown she had was something that was out of the ordinary... She broke all the windows in the classroom..." Aiko added.

"But Takamiya-sensei went to go check on her... He never came back." Rima stated as she took a bite of a cookie.

"Serenity must be okay. Did you not see that right when she ran out, Kuran went after her?" Satsuki confidently stated.

"Eh, you're right. Serenity's head over heels for that guy." Azusa stated, then take a sip of tea.

"Say... You guys wanna know something..?" Aido stated as he stood against the stairway.

"You seem like you have something that you want to say, Hanabusa." Akatsuki stated, his eyes on him.

"And it has been a while since you were so serious." Ruka added, who also had her eye on him.

"Actually, on the night where everyone was offering their condolences to Haruka and Juuri-sama... I remember Kaname-sama was standing outside, looking up to the sky, as if he was doing some sort of prayer.. I only remember one sentence he said:

"I'm sorry, Haruka and Juuri. I failed to protect Serenity... Any punishment that life offers me, I will take it... I will protect Yuuki in Serenity's place and bring her happiness... This is what I must do."

"I've always thought though... During the time that Serenity was supposedly dead, couldn't he have had some sort of feeling towards Yuuki-san? He did say that he was going to bring her happiness." Aiko stated.

The Royal Purebloods and Takuma knew the truth about Yuuki. That she is a Pureblood vampire and the daughter of Haruka and Juuri. However the Aristocrats did not. They knew that Kaname wanted to keep it a secret so that she can live a peaceful life. So they decided to keep it a secret as well.

"Kaname... has been through so much misery. I've seen it first hand. After what happened, I can understand that he wanted to at least have someone by his side... And when he met Yuuki-chan 10 years ago after the Sora Empire was attacked, he believed that his new purpose was to protect this girl. I had believed that Yuuki-chan was to make him happy. So I guess I can say that, it can go both ways. He wanted to wash away his sin by being with Yuuki-chan, but in that process he started to have some sort of feeling for her. This strong, unwavering desire to protect her..." Takuma stated.

Satsuki's eyes widened.

"Ichijo-san... Are you trying to say that Kuran may still-"

"Feelings are really hard to understand. I can't say where his feelings are, but I know he truly loves Serenity genuinely from the bottom of his heart. He adores her. As for Yuuki-chan, I don't have a clue anymore. Or maybe he knows more than anyone that he and Yuuki-chan weren't destined for each other ever since the beginning.."

"Come to think of it, I've always seen her with that vampire hunter...what was his name again..? Zero Kiryu, I think...?" Azusa questioned.

"Yeah. Kiryu-kun... I've seen them have their moments." Senri answered, who was quiet for a time.

"But come on now... Kaname's feelings are obvious! If he ended up having a daughter with Serenity, then that means he chose her in the end!" Rina stated.

"Huh... You right, Rina-san... Wow. I totally forgot about that." Akatsuki answered.

"And plus, the future Kaname was talking so fondly about Serenity, there's no way he could have chosen Yuuki!" Aido exclaimed.