5th Night: A Moonlit Party

~Serenity Tsukiyomi~

By the time we made it to the Headmaster's office, the Headmaster came running up to me and was about to hug me, but I quickly moved to the side and he fell on the ground.

I giggled. "Hehe, sorry. I was just a bit surprised by your sudden movement."

However, the Headmaster quickly brought himself up from the ground and straightened his glasses.

"It's a pleasure to have you six at Cross Academy~! I am Kaien Cross, the Headmaster of this academy! I'm sure you've met these two, but these are my two precious children, Zero Kiryu and Yuuki Cross~! They are the Disciplinary Committee of this school!" He said cheerfully.

Zero looked somewhat annoyed at his declaration.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not your son?" Zero stated in an annoyed tone.

"How mean, Kiryu-kun... Anyways, I just called you six up here to say hello! You six will be in the Night Class with Kaname-kun." He looked away with a sad but pouty tone.

~Kaname Kuran~

"How mean, Kiryu-kun... Anyways, I just called you six up here to say hello! You six will be in the Night Class with Kaname-kun." He looked away with a sad but pouty tone.

I looked over at Serenity, then over to Yuuki. I told myself that I would protect Yuuki with my life, but ever since Serenity's return, my feelings have been all over the place. I love Serenity, but I also love Yuuki. But I do not wish to continue loving both of them. It's something that is irrelevant. I need to find out once and for all who is the woman I genuinely and wholeheartedly love. I then looked over to Kiryu, who was standing by her side. Kiryu is one of the most crucial pieces in my "game" to protect Yuuki.

"All right then. Then I will be making my way to the Night Dorms now. Kaname, if you may lead us there, please?" Serenity asked.

"Wait! I need to ask something to the both of you, Serenity-chan and Kaname-kun. Are you two going to remain married?"

Yuuki's eyes widened. She was so surprised, that she didn't even move from where she was standing.

Serenity looked over to me, waiting for my answer. She may be cold towards me, but she's thinking about my well-being. She even offered to break our marriage and free me from my duty if I wasn't happy.

I'm sorry, Yuuki.

"Yes. Serenity-denka and I will remain married. My duty is to protect her as both her knight and as her husband."

"All right, well the only reason I am asking you two is because the Royal Pureblood Emperor of the Sora Empire sent me a telegraph message to pass on to you both. He told me that if Serenity or Kaname does not wish to go on with the marriage, they are free to end the relationship. However, if you two wish to continue, you must tell him. He's been noticing that the relationship between you two is a bit strained. He said if you two truly accept each other as husband and wife, then the both of you must attend an official ceremony in a few weeks, making you two officially the heirs to the thrones of the Sora Empire. To lead an empire, the Emperor and Empress must have a healthy relationship. That is why he is giving you two this option." The headmaster said, raising his glasses.

Serenity stayed silent.

"I need some time to think it over." Serenity concluded, leaving the office.

Hina-san and the other Royal Purebloods followed her out. When I was about to step out....

"K-Kaname-senpai!" Yuuki called out nervously.