Part of Chapter 15 + Notes

Hello, I thought I wouldn't be posting again for this fanfic but here I am. :,)

The author that was previously mentioned that was going to continue it deleted the story from their profile, so I'm just going to post what I had before I discontinued this fanfic.  It's been in my notes for years, but it is a lot of words, so I figured that I should share what I already had for the next chapter. After that, I also wrote down my original plans for what was going to happen and such.

-15th Night: The Trial-

~Aiko Reizei~

I had left Mizu Castle, going to the place where Takuma and I resolved to meet. It was still evening, and it was a bit chilly.

It was a quiet, peaceful evening, and in the distance, I heard the roaring of a waterfall not too far of a distance. The waterfall was within the woods, and it was only a five minute walk from the castle.

As I entered the woods, I saw that there were flowers here and there of all different colors.

I then saw the waterfall, and I saw Takuma, dressed casually as he looked at the waterfall, facing away.

I smiled, and walked up to him, poking him on his shoulder with one finger.

"Hey, Takuma." I said with a smile.

He turned around and smiled.

"Aiko...you came. I actually thought you weren't going to come." He said in a nervous tone as he scratched his head.

"Why wouldn't I come? Do you really doubt me, Takuma?" I asked him with a curious smile.

"No, I don't. I apologize." He replied, looking away with a blush.

I know what you want to say, Takuma...

"What a beautiful waterfall..." I said, looking up at it, admiring its beauty.

"Yes, it is... I really like how there are a bunch of colorful flowers around the area as well." He replied.

"So... why did you call me here?" I asked.

"Aiko... Ever since I first set foot on Tsuchi Kingdom, and I met eyes with you three years ago, I immediately knew that I had something for you. Your leadership, kindness, and dedication to your kingdom really caught my attention and, then I truly began to gain feelings for you. However, you are a Royal Pureblood, and I'm nothing but a lowly aristocrat. When I saw you come to Cross Academy, I was so happy to find out that you were going to be there. I thought, "Maybe I have a chance with her this time." I know it is cruel of me to tell you these feelings, but I just wanted to let these feelings go. I love you, Aiko. Will you be my-"

I then interrupted him with a kiss on the lips. His eyes widened in surprise, then eventually closing his eyes, giving in to my kiss as he put his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his, deepening the kiss.

About two minutes of making out, our lips parted, and I smiled at him.

"I love you too, Takuma. Life is strange, isn't it? Because when I first saw you with Ichio-san in the Tsuchi Kingdom, you caught my attention as well. Hehe... I guess I was pretty shy as well." I replied with a smile as I caressed his cheek.

"What a relief... I thought you didn't like me..."

"Then don't doubt me again," I replied with a smile, holding his hands tightly.

"I won't, I promise, Aiko." He stated in a sincere tone.

"Good," I replied.

"Want to walk around? This is a pretty place, after all." Takuma asked as he held out his hand.