Chapter 18

Gitta-Gitta and I sat bored as we waited for the phase to be over. It was boring. "Gitta-Gitta, I'm going to go sleep for a few. Wake me up when the phase ends." He nodded as my eyes drooped and I could feel sleep overcome me.

*

"Alice," poke. "Ne, Alice," poke. "Ai-chan, if you don't wake up right now I'm going to kiss you~" I recognized that voice, Hiso-kun? What was he doing here? Wait, what did he just say?!

I immediately woke up and backed away from the perverted clown and the pincushion. "Is the phase over?" They nodded in sync. "Where are we?" I said, only now realizing the different location.

"We're at phase four!" Hisoka smiled and held up four fingers. "Oh great." I walked away from the two and looked at the fighting chart. For the first round, I would be fighting.. Agon? Who's that? Whatever, well I better get to practicing! I'm going  third, ugh.

The phase started and everyone gathered around the people fighting whilst I sneakily escaped the arena to practice. Unfortunately, Hisoka saw me and started heading towards me. I slipped out of the arena and patiently waited for Hisoka but he never came. After a few minutes I was tired of waiting so I looked in and there he was, his back was towards me. His full attention was on the fight. Whatever.

I snuck out again and went to a quiet place trying to focus on trapping my nen into my sword for a special move in case anything goes wrong. But I couldn't do it. I was too busy thinking of that idjit, Hisoka. Well fine, two can play at that game! I'll ignore him too. I can be with Gitta-Gitta instead, I don't need Hisoka!

I felt small droplets fall on the floor and realized I was crying. I quickly brushed away the tears but they kept falling like a waterfall. I'm stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why would I think he would come?

I heard the door creak and saw Killua entering the dark room. I hoped that he couldn't see my tears, that he couldn't how much of a mess I was right now. But he could and I could tell he didn't know what to do.

He had a confused look on his face and slowly made his way towards me, "um.. are you okay?" He stuffed his hands into his pockets and kicked the dust on the ground. "Y-yeah, I'm good. Thanks for worrying though." I rubbed the remainders of my tears. I gave a small smile but he saw through it, I could tell. "Gon was looking for you but he didn't want to miss the fight. So I came to get you." He turned his face the other way and lent a hand to me. "Let's go, Gon is probably worried." I nodded, he's not as bad as I thought.