Chapter 20

I guess I could go to Leorio and Kurapika's room? Or Hisoka and Illumi's room? I don't want to talk to them but I'm pretty sure that Leorio and Kurapika are already asleep, ugh fine.

I took small baby steps to their room, already regretting my decision. Maybe I could just sleep outside?

As I was engrossed in my thoughts, I didn't realize Hisoka coming my way. "What're you doing out of bed? Good girls should already be in bed by now, you know, bad girls need to be punished~!" I could see a tent in his pants and figured he wasn't joking about that, "I couldn't sleep, do you have a problem with that?" 

I was still pissed because of Hisoka and he was the last person I wanted to see.

"Aw~ is my Ai-chan mad at me?"

"My? I belong to no one, idiot!" I ran off and entered the nearest room I could fine. I slid down against the door and sighed.

"Alice? What're you doing here?" I looked to the source of the voice; Illumi.

"Y-you see, I was.. I was just.." I racked my mind for a convincing lie but couldn't think of anything.

Illumi had a look of concern and caressed my cheek, "do you want to stay in my room for the night?" I shook my head immediately, "I don't want to be in the same room as Hisoka!"

"Ah. Hisoka and I have different rooms, since there are an odd number of participants I got a room to myself." He said in a monotone voice.

"Can I really stay?-" My eyes sparkled at the thought of being able to sleep tonight, THANK GOD I'LL NEVER TAKE SLEEP FOR GRANTED AGAIN! "But I don't want to bother you.."

"Don't worry, your presence doesn't bother me, in fact it does the opposite." He said with what I thought to be a smile. I blushed and muttered a quick thanks.

"Were you about to go to sleep now?" He nodded as he laid on the ground and pulled some covers over himself.

"Wait! You can't sleep on the floor, this is your room after all." He shrugged and closed his eyes.

I pouted and lifted him up on the bed, "no way you're going to sleep on the floor while I'm here." I laid on the floor and he sighed.

He got off the bed and picked me up bridal style. He carefully laid me on the bed and got in himself.

"Ehhh?! We're sleeping together?" Not that I minded but ehhh??

"I won't let you sleep on the ground and you won't let me sleep on the ground so let's just both sleep on the bed. We aren't going to do anything if you're wondering."

My face went into 50 shades of red, "I-i wasn't thinking a-anything like that!" He chuckled and placed a hand on my waist.

"Let me rephrase that, we won't do anything until you're ready." I blushed darker and turned away from him, "L-lets just go to sleep!"