» himura.iwazaru

❝ the faint light was turned off. ❞

❝ but my eyes are lighting up again because of you. ❞

 ❞

affliction level + treatment ;

status ; critical.

vulnerability to worsen ; 51%

impact on daily life ; extreme - has crippled ability to communicate.

treatments ; silence.

» himura iwazaru has suffered the chō no shōjiki { 蝶の正直 } illness possibly more times than he can count. due to his severe love for his younger brother, himura mizaru, and the urge he feels to protect his sibling from worrying about him, he has lied to him about matters ranging from his mental health to the progressions of his publishing deal. he cannot help the compulsion he feels to tell lies, and therefore has experienced the illness far more often than his brother assumes he has. he was a non-speaker prior to the illness, but now his silence is accompanied by a lot of internal pain. «

n a m e ;

緋村言わざる {himura iwazaru}

n i c k n a m e / s ;

iwa, butterfly, christmas tree, dumpling, mr. writer

a g e ;

twenty {20}

g e n d e r ;

s e x u a l i t y ;

pansexual

l o v e r ;

single

a p p e a r a n c e ;

it's uncommon to see iwazaru without a scarf pulled up over the bridge of his nose, concealing the lower half of his face. this is because of personal preferences that he keeps to himself, since it's nobody's business but his own. if it's terribly hot he will trade in his scarves for dark-coloured surgical masks instead, in order to breathe better. but he doesn't go out in public without one or the other under any circumstance. only around their apartment does he take everything off, consequently meaning only mizaru has seen his brother's full face. his hands are slightly bony but they're incredibly soft despite the divots caused by his bones. iwa's hair is a dyed shade of dusted blue, normally with an undercut of his natural ebony tresses that also tinge his side burns. iwazaru does have tattoos, but because he wears so many layers, it's rare to see any of them as most are found on his chest. iwazaru has pierced ears and a lean physique, being taller than the majority of people his age but not drastically so. he has a septum piercing but has recently stopped wearing it.

p e r s o n a l i t y ;

iwazaru from a mere first impression is as closed off as he looks. he is not exactly welcoming to strangers as he has nothing to offer them and refuses to socialise with those he doesn't know already. iwa is far more aware of the world than his brother, as he is in fact the oldest. he tends to be protective, shown through him constantly trying to tell mizaru that there are bad people in society and that not everyone has such good intentions. but he's also lenient and will let people make their own mistakes. iwa can be quite the over-thinker, especially when around other people and comprehending what they say to him. due to his vocal confinement he is far more enraged than people assume him to be. the truth is that iwazaru is a very angry young man. unlike his little brother, he's lacking in the acceptance of his condition and tends to become overwhelmed from it at specific points in time. he envies mizaru's obliviousness and is a very anguished soul.

l i k e s ;

. sushi .

. peppermint .

. writing .

. midnight walks .

d i s l i k e s ;

. his face .

. fruity perfumes .

. confined spaces .

b a c k g r o u n d ;

like his brother, at the age of seven he lost control of one of his senses, but instead of his sight he lost his voice. this means that iwazaru is incapable of speaking any vilifying or cruel words about anyone without feeling a searing pain in his tongue and lips. if he disregards the warning pains and continues to talk poorly about someone, it can end up with him being seriously injured to the level of being unable to eat for several days. he's done this once or twice before, and believes it to be one of the most painful things he's ever experienced. this is why he loves writing so much. he can write down all of his thoughts and not have any painful consequences. since he is free to write whatever he likes, this has made him a very successful novice writer. and is currently acquiring a publisher for a novel of his. his preferred genres are tragedy, suspenseful thrillers and horror. he's actually even started to try his hand at being a script-writer and is currently drafting a medical drama.

 he's actually even started to try his hand at being a script-writer and is currently drafting a medical drama

☆ e x t r a ;

e x t r a ;

moodboard credit ; -wishful

theme ; punch ft. chanyeol - stay with me

face claim ; park hyung seok

nationality ; japanese