Chapter 23

I smiled back, "I thought you were someone else." . Italy held up a book, the cover was black but it had stains that made the pages yellow and the ends curl up slightly. It smelled like mold, it was pretty old looking. I took it from him and quickly flipped through the pages, they were all blank. "What's this?" I asked, looking at the cover, it was blank. Italy shrugged, "I thought you might know." I looked through it again and closed it, sending a puff of dust into the air. "I'll have to ask some people, I'm sure someone knows." I said. Italy nodded and ran off. I took the book to my room and sat it down on my desk. "Hm." I said to myself, thinking rather hard. Why did we have a random old blank book? It doesn't make any sense.... it could possibly be a diary of Prussia's that he never filled out. Maybe one of England's spell books? I thought to the point my head hurt. I put a finger on the book and jerked it back quickly, feeling a liquid on it. I turned my hand over and saw.... Blood? I studied the red substance on my hand. I picked up a cloth and wiped it off. You idiot, that's not blood. ms. practical-sensible spoke sharply in my mind. I didn't touch the book again though.