Chapter 36

Things had been going great for the past week, luckily no one found out about Prussia and I. Best of all, nothing happened that had to do with clocks, cuts, or shadows. My stupid cut wouldn't heal up though. It was already 11:59 at night, it got late pretty quick when you did absolutely NOTHING all day. I sat on the couch, watching TV. As soon as the clock struck 12:00 the TV went to static and a shadow raced across the room. I stiffened and looked around quickly, "Hello?" said nervously. The shadow raced around again. "C-Canada?" I stammered, standing up. The shadow came back and revealed it was a person, it looked exactly like myself, but it was dark, it's eyes blood red and it's clothing pure black. "Who are you!" I demanded, shaking with fear. "I'm you." They chuckled evilly. "No your not! I'm me!" I said. They shook their head, "No, I mean I'm the dark version of you, the better version, the more powerful version." They said, rather she said. "Tick tock around the clock all will fall, the innocent will die the brave will cry, fate is near, tick tock tick tock..... Your full of fear...." She grinned and stopped her demonic chant. "I'm not afraid, your just a stupid shadow." I thought I was the one who had said that, but instead it was another voice, Canada backed down the hallway and into the living room, a dark version of himself following, holding a knife. my dark version took a knife out and lurched forward, I squeaked and jumped back, avoiding her and the knife. I pulled my sword out from a sheath on my belt and positioned myself readily. The dark me grinned and the knife transformed into a sword identical to mine. "How did you do that!" I shouted. "I am you I have whatever you have." She replied simply. I swung my sword at her side and she spun and dodged it, bringing a leg up and kicking me in the stomach. I lost my balance and fell backwards into the cowering Canada and we both fell to the ground, sitting back-to-back. I held my sword up at dark me, who had her sword pointed down at me. I glanced over my shoulder at Canada and saw he had a knife pointed at his dark version, and his dark self was holding the same knife down at him. We were positioned in a spot to where if one of us tried to make a move, the other would get it in the throat. "Tick tock." Dark me laughed devilishly.