Chapter 33

"Kay, don't you worry. I won't let it mark you." England said, seeing the now rising panic in my expression. "No! No no no!" I shouted, letting the panic out. I was terrified. A fricken thing is going to come out of the darkness and cut a fricken number into my fricken shoulder with a fricken knife! My mind was in full out fight or flight mode. "I have to run, I can't let it get me! I don't want to be marked!" I shouted, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Calm down!" England said, pulling me to his chest. I thrashed against him, "No! I have to go!" I screeched, throwing all my practical sense away. "Kay! Nothing is going to get you!" England said, holding me against my will. I stopped struggling and just sobbed against his chest, the tears dripping off my face. "Shhh, it's alright Kay, calm down." He said quietly, with a soothing warmth in his tone. After a while of calm reassuring words and crying, my tears dried up and I just sat there, my throat burning from my sobbing fit. England rocked me back and forth in a slow motion, cradling me in his arms. "I'm scared Arthur." I sniffed. "Don't be." He replied. "Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked, it was an awkward question, but he was the only one still awake. "Sure, if it makes you feel better." He smiled. "Thanks Arthur." I said. He nodded and went over to his bed, lying down on his back.  I got up and went over to it also, lying down on the opposite side on my stomach. it was an odd position to lay in when trying to sleep, but I laid like that often. "Goodnight Kay." England said. "Night Arthur." I replied, closing my eyes.

I was asleep for only a moment before I felt something drape across my back and a moment later something press against my side. I was about to freak out before I realized it was just England. He had decided to cuddle in his sleep, which made me giggle slightly. I closed my eyes again, allowing him to stay in the position he was in.