Chapter 24

I paced around my room, glancing at the book every moment or two. I finally shook the feeling of being scared of it. It's just a stupid old book, why am I so scared of a book!?! I thought to myself. I don't know, but something is wrong with that book... The other side of my head said. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind and went over to the book, opening it up and ignoring the slippery red liquid that now covered the palms of my hands. I flipped through the pages, they all had red splatters that weren't there before. I threw the book down in horror as I saw a broken heart shaped splatter. My hands were covered in red liquid. I went into my bathroom and turned the sink on, washing the red off my hands and down the drain, out of my life. I let out a loud sigh in relief and looked up at the mirror only to see a shadowy reflection of myself staring back at me. I gasped and took a few steps back in surprise. The figure disappeared just as mysteriously as it had come. I shook my head. it was only an illusion, that's all. I heard a soft thunk and ran back into my room, seeing the book now on the floor. I slowly went over to it, picking it up. This time no red liquid came onto my hands. I opened to the first page, it had a clock drawn in red, a few red splatters around it. The only number on the clock was a one.

Been given 24 hours

To tie up loose ends

To make amends

His eyes said it all

I started to fall

And the silence deafened

Head spinning round

No time to sit down

Just wanted to

Run and run and run

Be careful they say

Don't wish life away,

Now I've one day