Chapter 27

We both told each other what happened and he had one detail that was different. He pulled his coat off enough to show his shoulder, it had a "1" cut into it, it was still bleeding. "Oh Ivan it's bleeding!" I said sympathetically, grabbing a rag out of the bathroom and dampening it with cold water. "Hold still." I instructed, pressing the rag to the 1. He winced a little and then finally relaxed. "Was there anything that had to do with a book? Or possibly a clock?" I asked, holding the rag in place as little blotches of red seeped through the rag. "Da. There was a clock, it had a on on it and after I got this cut into my shoulder a two appeared." He said. I took the now bloody rag away and set it on the floor beside us, going back to the bathroom and finding some bandages. I took them back out to him but he shook his head. "Thank you but I don't need them." He insisted, giving a reassuring smile. He pulled his coat back over his shoulder and buttoned it back up. "Goodnight my sunflower." He said sweetly, standing up and helping me to my feet. He kissed my forehead and smiled. "Goodnight Ivan." I replied, going back out of his room. I got down the hall to America's room and opened the door without even knocking. America turned over in his bed to face me sleepily, "Oh- hey." He yawned. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked, kinda embarrassed by how childish I sounded. He nodded and scooted over. "Thanks." I said, crawling in and getting comfortable. "No problem sis." He said, not a minute later we were both out like a light.

Is there a heaven a hell

And will I come back

Who can tell

Now I can see

What matters to me

It's as clear as crystal

The places I've been

The people I've seen

Plans that I made

Start to fade

The sun's setting gold

Thought I would grow old,

It wasn't to be