part 8

LEAH POV:

Sitting in my office I am still thinking what happened last night.

Did I done something bad?

I am drunk. Drunk me is not a good one because I always make those 3 idiots suffer, I can assure that but what did actually happened?

Narrowing my eyes and tapping the desk repeatedly, I tried to remember last night. The last memory I have only the red mask man beating the bad guy, after that I didn't remember. Worse enough, I even forgot the penthouse address, great. Just freakin great. Now for sure I can’t ask the person what happened to me. what if they rape me? Or put drugs in my belly? But I’m fine this morning, I didn’t have any scratch or whatsoever. Ugghhhhhh……all these thoughts just makes my brain getting worse. I think whoever helped me must be wondering right now. I didn't get to say thanks too. Just great Leah. Sighing heavily, I started to pack off my things to get home.

After closing my clinic, I drove off to my favourite park which I used to hang out to get some fresh air. The park is so big and beautiful with all the trees and flowers. I just love the peace here, it’s calming. I saw my favourite bench under an oak tree, it's a bit secluded that's why not many people hang out here. Isn't that weird? secluded area but no people, maybe this bench is haunted and the ghost happened to like me. I sat on the bench and started to think about him.

How I miss his smile when we talked or the way he looked at me. I'm thinking about him not realizing that a smile already crept on my face. I closed my eyes imagining about him smiling at me but then reality breaks me. He left me. Without goodbye, he disappeared and never showed up. I should forget about him, he could be didn't even remember me. Frowning I opened my eyes. Standing up from the bench, I turn left to walk to my car.

I raised my head from looking down to the ground, I froze on my track. My eyes glued to the person that I never thought would showed up in front of me. The person who's smiling at me but I can't smile back due to my anger level now which gonna blow any minute.

Teddy.

Teddy is standing in front of me smiling sweetly, the smile which I tried to remember just now. With blank expression, I walk towards him and passed over him without sparing any glances. Ha! Take that you ugly pickle.

“Angel..don't you remember me?”, he asked. Oh...he do have a voice, fastening my pace I ignore him trying to leave when a hand grab me on the wrist which immediately gave me tingling sensation through all my body. As a reflex, I jerk my wrist from the grip, turning around sending the deadliest glare I can make towards the confused Teddy.

“Angel...it's me”, his sexy voice ringing in my ear and that just makes me even angrier because he didn't say anything during that 4 days making me thought that he's mute. That bad ugly smelly pickle. I glare at him, “Excuse me sir, you got the wrong girl. I'm not Angel”. My cold tone seems affected him because of his shocked expression. Serves you right!

I turned around from him once again and walked away. “Leah.....”, he called me. I feel his voice filled with pain. I started to walk faster to avoid from him to see my tears which already drop out.

He didn't stop me.

At home, I kept crying all night. Even the boys worried about me. I don't know why, I barely know him but I cried like a stupid girl who got rejected. I shouldn't be like this, I don't want to cry anymore especially for Teddy. But I can’t help it! Stupid me.

Early in the morning, I got up and prepared breakfast for the boys. Surprisingly, they all act like nothing happen with the teasing and joking around. I found myself happy and distracted from thinking about him. Continuing my routine in the clinic, I'm now treating my patient which is a white Siberian Husky. After a few shots for the dog, Carla said that my next patient postponed the treatment so I continued the day with any of my usual routine including checking all the papers.