part 39

Keep voting and share #hwnf to others. That will be a great support for me. ^^ This chapter is the continuation of the last part of chapter 37 when Josh came in to tell Ian that Leah's missing.

Ian:

I was crushed. Even when we’re on our way to our secret place right after Josh told me that Leah’s gone, I couldn’t comprehend the fact that he got her, he finally got her. He managed to take advantage when I was too occupied on my stupid scheme, he was pretending to believe everything that I have told him and I’m so stupid to fall in his trap. I wish this is all a nightmare but sadly it’s not.

Several minutes later, I was greeted by the hectic situation in the main tech room inside the building when we arrived. The security at there also heightens for the risk of being ambush by the enemy could be happen anytime.

“Report.” I said when I came in as I then went to sit at my usual place where David, Josh and Liam each seated at my both sides. Sara, whom is the leader of my IT experts’ team then handed me a report file.

“Miss Leah was seen riding her car with Phil driving it. The car then went out of the grid at 5.30 pm.” I was looking at the report but seeing the content just angered me more.

“The guards?” She clears her throat before continuing.

“They were found dead. Each one of them were ambushed and shot dead at the same time, which means one killer for each of them. I believe, Phil was the one who leaked their locations to the enemy and kidnapped Miss Leah.”

“That’s it? There nothing more other than this?” I showed the file that is in my hold. She hesitated for a while before nodding her head slowly. “I hired all of you because I thought you were the best but apparently I’m wrong. You failed to track the Ghost after all the time I gave you, until he managed to get his hands on my woman, my woman!”

“I’m sorry boss.”

“I don’t need your sorry Sara, what I need is her location and this is fucking trash!” I throw the file onto the floor in anger. “Just one woman, but none of you could find her.” I stood up from my seat, “all of you listen, I want her location in 24 hours and find me everyone that involve with the Ghost. Dead or alive.”

They quickly went to start their own work when I turn my attention from them towards Liam, he looks more disturbed than me. “Liam…” he raised his head to look at me. “I’ll find her.”

“Then prove it.” He replied. His tone was bitter and his eyes were pained. If looks can kill, I would be dead already.

“Fighting is the last thing we need right now. Please focus on finding her,” David tries to settle down the tension between us but Liam just turned his eyes away from me, refusing to look at me any longer.

“Ian, do we need to tell grandpa and Carl?” Josh asked. He looks unsure on what he needs to do.

“Not for now,” I understand we need to tell them but I don’t want anything bad happen to both of them especially to grandpa, so I’ll try to find her first. At least that’s the best for now. I think.

After hours of endlessly waiting, I was forced to go back home. Josh didn’t let me to stay because I keep on yelling at them, it was all because I’m not in the right mind to give orders. I’ve sent David and Liam to search for the assassin while Josh stays there watching my men to look for her.