part 37

The most awaiting chapter of all (I think)! It was hard, seriously, every day I received comment that told me to update soon and I love it! But as much as my heart wanted to update sooner my brain won’t cooperate haha.

(WARNING**)
There will be a lot of cursing (in my own opinion), I wouldn't encourage readers below 18 to read it. Read it on your own risk.

This chapter was the continuation of chapter 34 so don't get confuse. I covered chapter 35 and 36 in this chapter, of course, in Ian's POV.
Readers, enjoy~

Ian:

“You mean, he called you?” I nodded at Josh’s question, right now we were inside the conference room along with Liam and David. I called them immediately after my short conversation with the Ghost to discuss about this matter. Josh informed me that Leah didn’t come to work today because of our fight earlier, I know she feels so bad as I am right now but for me, that’s not the main issue. I was more concern about the man who called me, I know that she’s now safe under the protection of my well trained men and Phil.

“I’m sorry Ian, we still got nothing. The proofs that we gathered all this time leads to random point. Even the call that you received was untraceable, our expert said that he already destroy all the remaining trace.” David said after talking to our men for a few minutes.

“Unbelievable, this time we just got our self a deadly enemy.” Josh commented. They were all gloomy when they realize the risk of danger that comes from the unknown identity of this new enemy.

“How about we ask Leah to go to stay with my dad for a while?” Liam suddenly gave a suggestion after thinking for a long time.

“Yes, or stay with grandpa and Sophia.” Josh added. They seems to be positive about their plan but I’m not.

“Based on what reason? A holiday?” That’s the point which David managed to figure it out.

“Yeah, until we find the Ghost.” Josh still confident in his plan but Liam already got the point, he’s now probably thinking about another solution.

“For how long? A month? A year? We literally got no clue at all even after I hacked into the CIA’s, FBI’s and Interpol’s database.” At last Josh understands what David trying to tell him. Their idea was not convincing enough and I would never want both of our old man get dragged into this mess. While they were busy discussing any options available, I recalled back the call I had with the Ghost.

I was inside the car wallowing in my own emotional turmoil after our argument when suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts because my phone rings. “Hello?”

“Hello Red…” My brows furrowed in confusion, “or should I call…Ian Sebastian Knight.” That’s when it all clicked. FUCK.

“Well, well, well…what do we have here, the coward already grown his balls big enough to reveal himself. I thought you’re going to play hide and seek a little longer.” I chuckled mockingly. On the other side, his laugh was full with evil and it starting to annoy me.

“Naahh, it feels so boring waiting for you to find me. How’s my present in Brazil? Good?” He asked regarding the assassination attempt on us, he really knows how to tick me off.

“Of course good, so sad I didn’t get to keep it.” Yeah, cause if I get my hands on that motherfucker killer, I’ll tear his limbs off.

“I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder but maybe next time. How’s my favourite girl?” He chuckled darkly, he managed to hit the right spot. My hand was balled in fist in attempt to contain my anger that will blow out any moment.

“I can’t believe you’re busy targeting some random chick.” I acted like I don’t care. Please believe it, believe it!

“What?” Now he was the one who sounded confuse. I got you fucker.

“I don’t fucking care if she’s dead, I could always have other woman replace her. Looks like you lost in your own game.” Suddenly the call was being cut off after I finished, it seems that he’s taking the bait. I managed to make him question his own target on Leah but I don’t know if this is the right choice.