part 21

*this cover made by Originaljaime. I like it , tell me what do u think about her work. xoxo

Leah :

I was scrolling through some of my patient’s reports when Carla came in to inform me that today’s appointment already finished. I thanked her then continue my work but occasionally I will look at my phone waiting for some call or message from him but apparently nothing appears. Disappointed, I searched through my drawer for pills. My headaches getting serious day by day so I need the pills to keep track on my routine. I already checked to the doctors but nothing. They said I must be stress out, but I have the feeling that's not it. So after I took two tablets, I lean on my back taking the fresh scent of flowers in my office. I glance on the beautiful white roses on my coffee table, it looks so fresh, Carla still bought it from the cute blondie that is what she refer as. I don’t care if she still flirting with that flower guy because I like his flowers so much and Carla just broke up with her boyfriend a month ago so I’d totally ship them together.

“Leah, I’m going home now, are you sure you okay because I saw you took those pills again. You should keep it down already, you know, the pills.” Carla is holding her bag and her jacket while standing at my door. I gave her small smile. “I’m fine, I know how many I took today,” I lied.

I lost track on how many but I don’t want her to worry. She sighed, “Okay, if you say so. I’m going,” she started to walk away but suddenly stop on her track, “and please don’t look at your phone again, you are so ugly when you become a lovesick puppy” she joked before waving and then laughing on her way out. I laughed at that too, it’s embarrassing though, to get caught waiting for his calls but I can’t help it. After our lovely outing 3 days ago, he sent me home but I saw he got a phone call from someone.

Based on his grave expression, I assumed it’s a bad thing because soon after that he explained to me something bad happened at one of his companies so he needs to leave the city immediately. He left after gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. Since then, I did not receive any news but my brothers did say that the problems are big and serious so I tried my best to understand because they also become so busy that they even rarely come home in these 3 days. I don’t want them all to get more burdens by telling my mysterious headaches so I keep it secret.

After cleaning up my desk, I closed the clinic for today. I was driving my way out from the clinic’s parking lot when suddenly my head stings so badly. It causes me to lose my focus on my steering making me to hit a street light outside. The impact of that hit were not so bad but enough to make bruises. I got out from the car on my wobbly feet to inspect the damage; I tried so hard to hold the car for support as I still experience the pain from my head and the hit. Nearby people reached me to ask if I’m okay, I gave them a nod and smiles for being concern. After making sure I’m fine, that is after gazillion times I tried to convince them, they left. I inspect my car to see a slightly dent on the plate number and more scratch. I’m going to have an earful of speech later on how to drive safe. I took 10 minutes sitting in the car to regain more stable composure and after making sure I was okay to drive again, I went home. I was lucky I didn't disturbed other drivers on the road also there's no officer came so it's good enough.

I reached home several minutes later, I noticed the boys car were here so I quickly went into the house to find them resting on the couch with their eyes closed and I think Josh must be passed out already. Their pale face so evident not to mention the dark circle under their eyes, poor my boys. Liam’s head turn around so quick after realized I’m home.

“What happened Leah?” he asked looking at my forehead. The bruise I got just now.

“Careless or reckless.” I shrugged his pissed off face with a smile before putting my stuff on the table then went to sit beside my angry brother who suddenly went straight away to the kitchen. I look at David who also looks at me right now.

“You guys look awful like zombies from resident evil,” I joked humorlessly.

“And you can’t even take a good care of yourself the moment we’re gone,” he strikes back.

I put a hand on my chest before faking to be hurt. He just shakes his head. I smiled at him

“Everything is fine?”

He sighed, “For now Leah.”

“And Teddy?”

He look at me apologetically, “I’m sorry but he stays a bit longer because he needs to fix the problem himself, I can’t tell you what it is but I can only tell you it’s bad.” He pauses a moment before continue, “He wanted to call you but he’s too busy, he can’t even eat properly and sleep enough. I hope you understand our struggles.” I nod as an understanding. Suddenly Liam popped out from nowhere with hard boiled eggs, a damp cloth and our emergency kit in his hands.

“Don’t worry sis, he’ll be fine but first we need to make sure you are in good pieces,” Liam said that while starting to clean my small cut. I hissed at the pain I feel.

“Don’t be such a girl sis, just hold it for a while.”

“I am a girl you pile of poop and it really hurts.” I winced.

“Who told you to be so careless and hit things,” he replied.

“You hit what? It’s dangerous Leah,” David was the one who talks right now while looking at me in disbelief.

“Hit what?” Josh asks still half asleep, maybe he’s awake by our voices. It’s adorable to see him rubbing his eyes before open it wide enough to see us three.

“Fuck! What happened sis?” he continued his questions before quickly moving his butt off from the couch to sit on the floor to check on me.

“I tripped.” I said it as simple as that.

“Really? You tripped until you hit the car plate causing it to dent and scratch?” Liam looks at me like I’m stupid.

“I didn’t know the Quinns are cyborg.” David said that casually.

“It’s just a small accident; I lost my focus then bam it happened. Relax okay.” I tried to assure them it’s okay.

“You got bruises on both of your legs,” Josh said it while pointing on my legs. With that, I just got a VIP ticket of lecture on how to drive safe from the three of them while Josh and David put the eggs on my bruises and Liam cleans my cut. I just love my boys so much. They are so cute!

That night, before going to sleep, I sent him a text hoping that he gets all my moral support for him. I miss him.

#A/N
My cute fellow readers please be informed that the next update will be late since I'll have my mid test coming, but I'll try to update fast and thanks to those who always support me and voted my story.
Love u all!!!!