part 33

*Dear LC, please update soon.*

Well I just did! 6 days earlier.

Leah :

We went straight away to the beach after that unfortunate incident, that is definitely after reporting to my anxious boyfriend. His voice sounds agitated, when I asked him he only answered that he’s worried because he can’t fully trust Phil and the other bodyguards. He really objects the idea of me and Phil going to the beach but like always, I never listens. I feel the need to cheer up the boy even though he hides his sadness very well behind that blank look. “Come on! Let’s go!” I called him because he looks reluctant to step out from the car. I could feel the wind blows right through my body, the sounds of the waves were calming and that reminds me of my far away boyfriend. What is he doing right now? Did he miss me? I wish I could be with him here.

“Are you okay mam?” I looked at curious Phil who must be wondering why I was suddenly silent, I just shake my head in response.

“Calling me mam makes me looks old, let’s go grab some ice cream.”

“Do you have a family Phil?” He looked at me with uncertainty, we are sitting at the seashore while enjoying our ice cream and the sea view. I love how the warm weather and the chilly breezes combined, but due to my insensitive mind, I just made him seems uncomfortable about this topic because I noticed how he just stared his vanilla ice cream. “I mean, you are so young yet you’re here, working instead of studying. I’m sorry if this is too personal for you, I just can’t stop my curiosity.” He looks like he’s in a deep thought about something then he took a deep breath.

“Why don’t you ask the boss mam?” He answered it by asking question back, what a sly kid and I totally hate it when he called me ‘mam’.

“I told you don’t call me that, just call me Leah and Ian is too good as a boss to tell me your background, he respect his workers privacy so I figured that I should ask you myself.” He slowly nodded.

“I’m adopted.” He said it without hesitation. My mouth just formed into an ‘o’ in understanding. “One day, I fought with my foster parents and I left home in anger. They involved in an accident when they was searching for me.” His eyes held unbearable pain as its glistens under the sunlight. He took a few deep breaths again to calm down so I gently pat his shoulder in sympathy.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” He just smiled weakly at me, I really don’t know what to say, that was the only thing I could say to him right now.

“That’s okay Leah,” he paused for a moment before continued, “after they gone, things got ugly so I left home and became a homeless person wandering around the streets. I did anything in order to keep survive like stealing and snatching till I met a friend who told me about this job.”

“That was hard.” I can’t do anything let alone say something thoughtful for him.

“That woman earlier was my teacher, she hates me a lot when I accidentally caused her son went blind on his left eye, she’s right, I am a scum. I shouldn’t deserve a good life, not after what I’ve done to the people around me, to my parents that love me like their own.” I was upset by his thoughts so I slapped his arm.

“Don’t say that! No one is a scum. Every person deserves a second chance. Yes, you are an awful person but that was before. Now you have a decent job, I bet your parents would be proud of who you are, like me.” He looks surprised and I smiled cheerfully at him. Listening to his story made me feel grateful for what I have which is a house to live, a family that loves me and food to eat. Even though I lost my mom, still I have my dad and my three ever loving brothers, now I have Ian and grandpa, considered to others, I was truly blessed. “From now on, consider me as your family.” Phil was dumbfounded by my sudden declaration. “So, any future plan? Or dreams perhaps?” I continued.