part 35

To all readers that forgot about the story, here's the short summary of it. Leah and Ian were already a loving couple but secretly there's an unknown identity which is the Ghost that threaten the life of both of them and Ian hides it from Leah. Basically, there's no use of me explaining that, idk, I just did. haha

Leah:

I was dumbstruck.

What have I done?

“Really Alexandra? Dictates? I am so disappointed in you,” I just can’t bear to look at Liam in the eyes so I stared the bacon in front of me, he then leave the table in anger.

David let out a relented sigh, “If you feel suffocated, you should talk to us instead of lashing out like this, I’m sorry but this time I can’t help you, you’re on your own sis.” He expressed his disappointment too before went to follow Liam. I just sat on the chair unmoving and still staring my bacon. Honestly, I don’t know how to react.

Suddenly, Josh’s hand gently holding mine and silently comfort me with his firm grip. “It’s all because of me, I’m so sorry sis.” I could sense regrets in his voice and I don’t like it because it’s my fault to be exact. So I looked at his sorrowful face and gave him a weak smile.

“It’s not your fault Josh. I’m going to stay home today so please help Ian with his appointments.” He nodded in understanding. For now, I needed some time alone, after our fight, Ian quickly left the house in a flash without looking or saying anything at me and that did bothered me a lot.

Later on that night, Ian didn’t come home after work. I waited for him the whole day, I called him many times but he didn’t answer, I even text him to say that I’m sorry but he didn’t reply any of it. I locked myself in the room wallowing in my own misery. I can’t forget the look in his eyes, disappointment and upset obviously displayed. It kills me inside knowing that I’ve hurt him, that night I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to the sound coming from someone opening the door, it’s Ian. I quickly get up from the bed and when I look at the clock, it showed 3.30 in the morning, he never came home this late before.

“You’re working late Teddy?” He ignored my question as he’s heading straight to the bathroom. I waited patiently for him to finish his shower so I can talk to him before going to sleep but I was wrong. He came out from the dressing room in another clothes and it seems like he’s going out again. “Where are you going?” He totally ignored me and left the room just like that. I could hear the roaring sound of his car engine and yet I was still on the bed stunned by his coldness. It’s like I’m not even exist to him, I shouldn’t vent my anger on him when all he want is for me to be safe. I will not give up on him, I will show to him that I’m really sorry for my upsetting behavior today.

The next morning, I woke up with a determination, which is to soften my man’s heart. The moment I walk out from the house, I was greeted by Phil’s worried face that’s waiting for me. I just give him a small smile, poor him waiting for me because yesterday I didn’t leave the room at all. I need to stay positive, Ian would definitely forgive me, I just need to try harder. I went straight into our office when I reached there but to my disappointment Ian was not there, so I did any work left on my table while waiting on him patiently.

It was almost lunch time when the awaited person came, he casually strolled his way into the office but he didn’t spare even a tiny bit glances in my direction yet acknowledging my existence inside the room. He’s also still in his last night’s outfit, I wonder where did he sleep, hotel?