part 32

This chapter was dedicated to tammydingman DiandraBowen

Leah :

I wonder what happened, I saw how tensed Ian was when we were at grandpa’s and my dad. Both of them did ‘the talk’ with him and when I asked them, I got nothing. Is it wrong for us to be together? Is this about those threats from Ian’s business rival? Did papa know about it? I need to ask Ian when he finishes his meeting later. Sighing I look at the files in front of me, I don’t know what am I going to do for another two hours because I finished all my work. I want to read wattpad but I can’t, I need to wait till I come home. I’m so bored, and I can’t come with Ian to his meeting because he said his client want him alone. Weird. Thank goodness the client is not a woman.

“What are you doing sis?” Josh startled me, I saw his head at the door peeking inside then he came in uninvited like always.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were in the meeting with the others,” he took a seat in front of me but eyes fixed on his phone, maybe chatting with his girlfriend.

“My job is to keep an eye on you.”

“From what?”

“You know, from the Ghost.” He’s still tapping whatever it is without looking at me. I was curious? Ghost?  

“Ghost?” I turn my head to various direction, is anything wrong in this office? Suddenly it feels creepy inside.

“Huh? Yea- yeah, someone told me that this building used to be a haunted house before the company was built by grandpa. The husband killed his wife by hanging her,” okay, this is seriously scary, I searched for anything that can be hang to, who knows if the ghost suddenly want to hang anywhere on the ceiling to scare me like in the movie, “Seriously sis? I wonder how your brain wired, you must be thinking something nonsense like how the ghost hanging on the ceiling right?” he shook his head.

“How did you know?” Amazing.

“You keep on looking at the ceiling, but you should not worry about it.” I gave him the curious look, “because the ghost is not the wife, it’s the husband.”

………………….

Josh already left 10 minutes ago, but I still can’t move my legs, my eyes keep on scanning the spacious office that become somehow silent. I can’t be a scaredy cat, I need to do something to fill up my mind. I thought my story should be a romantic comedy filled with actions, I don't know since when it changed into horror and thriller.

Okay, blue with blue, red on the left and black are below. I’ve been cleaning the office for the last 20 minutes, actually there’s nothing to be clean because the cleaner already did it but I did it anyway to spend my free time while waiting Ian. Now, I tried to arrange Ian’s book according to the colour, don’t ask me why.

“The husband hanged his wife using a cable then killed himself. Since then, the secretaries that used to work here always saw a man holding a cable walking around this floor.”

I almost peed on my panties when Josh told me about it, and now I remembered it again it gave me chills. Suddenly I feel an unknown presence behind me, the chills getting stronger and I have goose bumps all over my body, my grip on the book getting tighter as my pulse ramped up. It’s nothing Leah, you’re just imagining things, I don’t think I did a good job in convincing myself. Then I heard nothing except my own heart pounded loudly inside its cage.

“Argh!!” I yelled when a cable was suddenly shown in front of me making me lose balance and tripped on my foot then landed hard on my butt. This time, I don’t care about the pain, the only thing I feel right now is how scared I am to the point I’m crying.