part 28

Sorry for the late update, something came up but thank God it's settled already. Enjoy~

Leah:

"I thought my princess already forgotten his old father," my dad sounded hurt right now, I don't blame him though because I called him after a week 'busy' with work in clinic, and we haven't told him about how things changed already with me as a staff not a vet not forgetting our new address. I just hope my dad forgive us later when he find out about this eventually.

"I'm sorry papa, I guess things don't go as smooth as I hope and I was too caught up with it until I forgot to inform you," I explained calmly so my dad can't suspect anything.

"That's okay princess, at least you're fine and healthy. Right?" He does sounds suspicious right now but I need to maintain cool about it. My dad is a very wise man so I need to be careful. Extra careful.

"Of course I am, like always. Have you call Liam today?"

"I will later, so do you want to tell about something to your old man? Perhaps someone?" I went shocked by his question, I didn't expect this. What am I going to say?!

"NO." I said it a bit loud than I expected.

"Hmm, really?" I swear I could feel that my dad's eyebrows were raised on the other side of the line. I just fell directly into his twisted words trap, like always and he's not even twisting it!

"Just bring him over so I can see the guy better," You mean making him scared by your famous verbal threat coated with sugary words that sweeter than honey I think.

"I thought you don't want any guy near me after Billy," I said reminding him about the expert guy that I just broke up with months ago.

"I don't like him but it doesn't mean I want my daughter to stay single for the rest of her life. That's not how life works princess." I nodded in agreement even though my dad can't see it.

"I will, when I'm ready."

"Well I better be prepared. It will happen soon."

After I called my dad, I can't stop thinking about me and Ian. Am I ready? I think I am. As I still stuck in my trance, I didn't realize that Ian just came out from his room. "Leah, are you okay?" I turn my head towards his direction to see him looking at me worriedly. I smiled at him before putting down my phone on the table. "I was just talking to my dad," I said as I walked towards him. "Really? Anything happens?" Immediately my hands reach to the necktie that dangling on his neck right now already accustomed on tying it for him when he needs to wear it. "No, we just haven't talked for a long time. Will you be available after today's meeting?" I asked him changing the topic while still tying the red necktie and he seems okay with it. "Aren't you my trustful PA? You should've known better about my schedule," he teased. I know all about his activities but I need confirmation in case any changes he wants to make. Even we have feelings for each other, it doesn't mean we can't be professional and I try really hard to be a reliable worker for him. "I don't think so, only the usual things," he answered after I just smiled at his teasing.

We both head out from the house after I confirmed that Ian ready for his annual shareholder meeting, Ian was really a different person when he's in his business mode and I admire him for that. The meeting was a success considering I'm capable of arranging the entire event even though I'm not used to it but of course with the help of my brothers and their reluctant secretaries. No one knows about our relationship because I told them not to tell anybody, I just want a fair treatment. Even some hates me for getting the attention of the 'bosses' in Knight Corp, the others surprisingly nice and fine because they saw how I really doing my job and they think I have the attentions because I earned it but honestly I don't mind any of it. Currently, I'm with Josh in a coffee shop because we always hang out here at least for an hour during office hour while the others are working right now. It seems he developed new hobby because he's not a fan of wasting time in a coffee shop but things change.