8

Ch.8

I knew that today I would have to talk to Dean. He's been ignoring my text and it's making me pissed. If I lose this connection to the police I will kill his whole family. I don't have the patience for his hissy fits.

I forced myself to calm down when I saw the school come into focus. I smiled as I walked passed students. They waved and I laughed with them. I stopped and gossiped making the girls like me more. I stopped and gave the boys some snacks making them like me more. 

I sighed as everything was falling into place. I texted Drake to let him know where I was. I just needed to find Dean now. Hopefully Drake stays out of my way until he's needed. I walked through the halls keeping my eyes open for Dean.

He was leaning against his locker. His hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes. He really needed to let this go. I put on a guilty face as I walked to him slowly.

"Dean, let's talk." I held his arm when I was close gaining his attention.

He looked at me before nodding. I lead him out the back of the school where not many people roomed around but just enough. I leaned against the brick wall and he followed. We dropped our bags and I sighed. "Your right it was me that day."

He turned to me quickly. "Then let's go right now. We can get him locked away for a long time Winter."

I looked at him before giving a fake laugh. "And be called a fake and slut? You heard him say I was asking for it. How many people around here are jealous of me? How many wouldn't love to take that as an opening to start bulling me? I can't be embarrassed like that."

Dean looked turn. "Fuck them Winter. I'll be your friend always. Even if he said that he won't be let lose. He'll still get time."

I rolled my eyes. "He'll get time anyway, he was caught. I just don't want my future to be based on that one moment."

He looked relived. "It wasn't more than once?"

I shook my head quickly. "No way. I would've told you definitely. It was only once I swear. Just don't make me tell them it was me Dean."

He still looked unsure. I bit the inside of my cheek from screaming in frustration. I guess I'll have to do this. I sniffed pushing my tears out. I turned away from Dean as he tried to lean closer to see my face. "Winter don't cry I didn't mean- I'm sorry please stop." he was worried.

I covered my face as my tears fell. "Please Dean, understand me. Please."

I could hear him sigh in defeat as he hugged me. "I won't tell. Just know I'm here for you Winter."

I smiled and I hugged him back ignoring my skin burning. "Thank you so much, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said last night. Your my best friend and I didn't mean to mention your sister."

"I'm not hurt don't worry. We both were upset last night."

I pulled away from him smiling past my tears. He wiped my face giving me a small smile back.

I looked to my left and saw Drake. He walk out the back doors and was looking around. When he spotted us he started glaring at Dean touching me. I looked back at Dean and hugged him again. He laughed and hugged me more.

I could see Drake coming our way. Looking back at Dean he looked so happy to just touch me. I had to play this right. I pulled away from Dean once Drake was close enough. "Hey Drake."

He gave me a small smile and looked unsure of Dean. "Hey babe, class is about to start I was looking for you."

I faked surprised. "Oh crap your right. We have to go."