28

Ch.28

I held my bleeding arm as glared at my opponent. His smirk was steady even as he pulled my blade from out of his stomach. He was about the same height as Kevin but his muscles mass was a lot more. He was slow but he was tough.

I looked around the alley for anything to use as a shield. I had to get close enough to grab my blade from his hand. He had a switch blade of his own too, but I could tell he also has a gun on him. He was playing with me and it was pissing me off. I knew I needed to calm down since fighting with rage would get me nowhere, and I'd lose.

The wind shifted, and I acted quickly to duck under the hit that was seconds from hitting my jaw and cutting it open. His other hand rounded quickly with my blade causing me to force my body to react faster than my thoughts and grab his wrist. Twisting it and pulling my blade free my moment of success was cut short. He swung his blade again as I lifted my own. Clashing our blades together caused my wounded arm to throb and sting. The sharp end of his metal blade inches from my chest and from his weight I knew my window of escape was running thin.

His body was so close I could feel his heat and hear his labored breathing. "They sent a child to die and they call me a monster." The bold smirk on his scared face wasn't anywhere near playful.

He was aiming to kill me, and I couldn't deny my thoughts were any different. Side stepping and dropping my weight I let his body push forward and his blade scrap over mine. The noise made my ears ring, yet I didn't waste time on it. My focus shifted, and I pulled my blade down only to lift it back up and plunge it into his gut. Sipping under his legs my chest burned from the air pumping through it. Pushing up from the dirty ground the sound of a groaned reached my ears seconds before a sharp heavy kick hit my gut. My body was in no way ready for the hit, causing it to push over and hit the brick wall inches from me.

Biting my lower lip and gasping I knew I was reaching my limit. This mission was really testing me. The ground suddenly grew further away as I was lifted, my body having no time to recover from the hit. My targets large hand wrapped around my throat smoothly, making my head tilt back. Tears sprung to my eyes as I realized his hand was steadily tightening, cutting my air off quickly. My legs started to kick wildly, trying to find the ground.

The thought of Kevin sitting along waiting for me flashed through my mind. My hand tightened around the blade I realized I still held. Lifting it and swinging it swiftly my watering eyes closed tightly as the spray of blood flew across my face. I was released, and my body fell to the ground like a sack of coals. Forcing my eyes to look up in case another attack was coming I felt relief flood over me at the sight of the large man stumbling back.

His body hit the wall opposite of mine as he held his slit neck. His eyes wide and watching me as I coughed and tried to right my breathing. I quickly stood, using the wall for support as I looked around for the black suitcase. Spotting it dropped near I dumpster I quickly went for it, knowing my target was soon to take his last breath.

Holding the case and feeling the blood dripping off my face I glanced back at the man. Watching as he took his last breath and felt the rush I loved so much washed over me. It's been too long since I felt this. The feeling of knowing I took another life in such a way. My eyes moved to the cameras at the end of the ally. I knew Lion was watching and I shook my head while lifting my shirt to clean my face. I couldn't walk the streets like this. After being sure it was clean enough, I zipped up my jacket and made sure I had my blade tucked in my pocket.

Grabbing the suit case and hurrying out of the ally I pulled my hood up quickly. My steps were fast and my throat was still burning. I knew it would bruise soon and I would need makeup for it.  The black SUV waiting for me two blocks away made even more relief move through me. Not many were out this time a night but I was still worried. Every step was causing my body to start hurting.