10

Ch.10

I let out a breath that blew away with the wind as if it was never released. It was around noon but the sun was still high and bright. The cool metal pole that I was leaning on pricked my skin. It was a relaxing feeling.

The sound of grunts and shouts were curried out over the field. The hormonal teen males kicked around the soccer ball with energy only they could have. My eyes were locked on Henry and the way he moved. It was interesting. He was leaner then the other players. Yet I can't help but notice his spirit. I can't wait to break it.

Drake was practicing here as well. When he saw me he waved looking like an excited child. I smiled and waved back blowing a kiss. He think I came to watch him practice​, idiot.

The coach blew his whistle ending practice. I turned away from the sight of the players running towards the locker room. I checked my backpack just to be sure I had the correct items. I wanted this kill to be a bit special. I sent a text to Drake saying that I was going home. He'll give me an alibi.

I sighed and started walking towards the tree line. I stretched my hands up over my head. A delighted groan escaped my lips as my back was relived from the pain that was eating at it. Watching Henry practice for an hour sitting in the same spot was exhausting.

I slipped my black gloves on ignoring the passenger-by's with blank faces. All I wanted to focus on was my kill. I pushed my hair away form my eyes. A clear sight was everything.

Once I found my perfect spot I just had to wait. It was a 50/50 chance he would come this way. From the way he kept zoning out during his practice, he would come this way. His head today was distracted with something. The sound of crunching leaves caught my attention. I didn't look up as I pulled my pocket blade from my pocket. I took a deep breath as I lifted the blade and sliced my cheek.

I put the blade back before letting out a moan of pain. The sting was faint and the cut was light but blood still came out. I was sure to make sure no blood fell and left evidence. Footsteps came closer as I kept moaning in pain. I'm proud of myself for reading Henry so well. He was a dick to women but soft hearted inside.  "Hey are you alright?"

He was still too far for me to make a move and I needed him closer. I used a close tree to stand up and looked at him with teary eyes. "Please help. I was a-attacked, I didn't see it coming. I was cut."

Henry rushed closer dropping his sports bag and helping me stand. "Oh crap Winter? What the hell happened? Your bleeding."

I held his arm as he looked around for the attacker. In a swift motion I pulled the metal wire from my pocket. He turned his head away from me looking for help. I took my chance before he called out and wrapped the wire around his throat.

His eyes went wide as his air was cut off. Since Henry was a few inches taller then me I needed to keep him at my height. One slip up on my end and this whole thing will be up in fire.

His hands came up to his throat clawing at it. I held the wire tightly ignoring the pressure it put on my gloved hands. I huffed and groaned as he thrashed causing me to hit the tree we were beside. My side stung and I moved more behind him.

The sound of him chocking as he tried to breath was wonderful. His body started to crumble as he fell to his knees. It was satisfying to watch first hand. I couldn't help but want to pull the wire more. My hands shook because of the strength I used.

It took a few more moments but Henry finally succumbed to sleep. His body slumped as oxygen was cut off from his brain. I released him letting him fall to the ground. I took deep breaths as I quickly gathered everything around. I put my wire back before lifting Henry's body up by his underarms. It was heavy but it was expected. His body left drag marks that I would have to come back and cover up.  It would get dark soon which was perfect. The abandoned complex I was taking him too was in a bad neighborhood. At night no one comes around, not even the cops.