29

Ch.29 

"No one knows how the flames started in these quiet and settled homes. As you can see the firemen are fighting this blaze with all they can. We here on the scene are hoping that there was no one inside these homes currently. Its still unclear, a few brave firemen have entered the home not long ago- Oh! Yes! They are coming out now with what seems to be a dog from one of the homes. She seems to be frightened and have poor breathing. They started working on her as we can see but the question still stands.... Where is the owners of these homes?"

.

.

.

I finally found my place in life. It wasn't as an assassin. Neither was it being a vessel for feelings I shouldn't have been born with. As a killer of so many people it should've been impossible for me to be this flawed. Yet here I was, staring at my reflection in hate. Feeling my emotions bubbling up faster then I could stop them.

My place in life is here, right now. Staring at the gun Kevin held clutched tightly in his grasp. His angry eyes matching my own as his breathing betrayed his calm expression. A soft laugh left me as he raised the gun slowly, pointing it at me. The blood dripping off my fingers making the soft actions shout loudly. I felt my legs grow weak as I took in the sight clearly. The love of my life was pointing a gun at me, it felt unreal.

"Winter.....Drop the knife." His voice was shaking, and I wanted to comfort him.

The sound of the bloody blade hitting the patted carpet reached my ears letting me know I did let it go. My hands felt numb as I clenched them at my side. Soft clogged coughing started up below me catching my attention.

Dropping my eyes, I took in the sight of Dean bleeding out. His hands gripping my jeans tightly as he tried to gasp around the blood bubbling up past his lips. I ignored his weakening grasp to look across the room at Smoky, unmoving in her own blood. The gun Dean had now was in Kevin's hands, pointed at me. Even after having her returned to me from the fire she still was gone shortly after.

"Winter what....what did you do?" Kevin sounded in shock.

I snapped my eyes back to Kevin quickly. For a moment I thought he was blind. "What did I do?....Dean killed Smoky! He shot my fucking dog!" I took a step forward out of Deans grasp yet stopped as Kevin waved the gun.

He shook his head as if I wasn't making sense to him. "No you...you sent her at him, he protected himself." He seemed to keep repeating that to himself and it was pissing me off.

"He came at me with a gun...he...he tried to kill you in that fire." My voice stayed steady, sure of itself. "He wasn't going to stop until I was dead, or you were."

Kevin ran his free hand down over his face as the cheap lamp in the corner of the motel room flickered. The action putting him more on guard, causing his hand holding the gun to look unsteady. The room was a mess, the evidence of me and Deans fight shown clearly. The door was busted in and hung off the latches. The dark carpet slowly turned a deeper red the more Dean bled out. Kevin stepped over the broken glass from the mirror while trying to keep his balance. His trembling grew, and his tears slipped free. I never thought I would live to see Kevin cry, I felt like my heart was ripping apart.

"You said.....you said you wanted to stay here because of the fire....not because you were being hunted! That I was! T-That the fire must have been an accident...." His voice grew soft at the end of him speaking, causing me to tense up.

I was sure anything I said now would only make it worse, but I knew I had to try. "He set the fire and came here to kill me with a gun Kevin. Lets just-"