25

Ch.25

It was my birthday and Kevin was going all out. I woke up to breakfast in bed and kisses on my neck. He rubbed my body before running me a hot bath. I was being pampered and I was loving it. I had a mission in 3 days so I was soaking this up. Kevin spoke softly when around me and agreed to anything I said or asked for. I couldn't help but worry about what his reaction will be when I tell him about my parents.

My attention went to Kevin as he pulled out a wrapped gift from behind him. I was sitting on the couch in one of his shirts playing a game on my phone. I watched him sit beside me with the sliver and red bow wrapped gift.

I took it from him smiling. "You got me a gift?"

Kevin pretended to be hurt. "Are you saying I'm not a good boyfriend?"

I only shook my head at him before unwrapping my gift. My mouth fell open as I gazed at the perfect diamond necklace. The chain was thin and made the silver seem shinier then normal. Since I was very well off I didn't find a liking in this kind of stuff but for some reason it felt wonderful to receive it from Kevin. The diamond wasn't that large but it still stole my heart.

I looked at Kevin in shock. "I can't take this."

Kevin sighed at my attitude before running his hand through my hair. "You can and you will. When you parents come see you today I want you to shine like the gem you are. Let me help you put it on."

He wouldn't let me deny the gift and clicked the chain in place around my neck. I had to admit that the craftsmanship was beautiful. I took a deep breath before fully facing Kevin. He smiled brightly showing me just how handsome he really was. "I knew it would look great." He sounded proud of himself.

My heart swelled knowing he went out and actually made the effort of finding this for me. "I need to talk to you about my parents."

Kevin gave me his full attention as he got comfortable on the couch. I took another breath and prepared myself to expect his anger. "I lied before about them just being gone for a while. The truth is my parents are dead and have been since I was 15."

Kevin took my words in slowly. "Who has been taking care of you?"

I moved my eyes away from his. "I was the only family either of them had so I got all their money. I had a butler, but he quit soon after starting. I raised myself and kept it from everyone."

Kevin sat up fully. "So you're telling me that not only did you lie to me but you've been living here for 3 years fending for yourself? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You would have called the cops when you first found out. Then I find out you are a cop so I really couldn't tell you. They would've put me in the system and I refuse to go through that. I was so close to this day, my 18th birthday, when we met. I wasn't risking it." I said as I watched Keven stand up and start pacing.

He looked confused. "Wait a second, just wait. How could nobody have noticed that?"

I shrugged making him huff out loud. He wasn't pissed which made me relax. If anything, he just sounded sad for me and angry at the system for not noticing. I leaned back against the couch as I waited for him to calm down.

My parents died by my hands. After my first kill they kept pushing me saying I wasn't doing good with studies and causing them problems. They were ruthless parents that wanted perfection. My trauma of being attacked didn't sway them in the least. I got depressed and they got pissed. The night they threatened to send me to military school I snapped. I killed them both before dumping their bodies by their favorite bar. They spent more nights there then with me, I found it fitting. The police ruled it as an attack, robbery gone bad. No one wants to think that a 15-year-old is capable of murder.