16

Ch.16

I could feel eyes on me every time I passed a group of guys. They either knew about me from Lion or are weary of Smoky. Doesn't matter to me as long as they stayed back. When I reached the light cream house with a half necked woman out front I knew I was here. She was the same girl I saw when they dragged me inside. Different outfit and a little older but it was her. Lions favorite girl.

That Bitch better watch her back.

I made my way past his gate ignoring the guards as they followed me. I made eye contact with the girl. She stood straight with a hand on her thin hip. Her face turned from seductive to twisted in a second. That day I got away I might have shot her hand that was holding a door closed. She tried to keep me inside. She's lucky I didn't kill her.

She flipped me off showing the beautiful hand scar I left her. I blew her a kiss as Smoky growled. I tightened my hold on her leash and kept walking. A shadow fell over me until light welcomed me as I entered the house most of the guys in here were not a threat. But then again he could have made some changes.

"Wait here." The guy was the topical lower level drug dealer.

I gave him a bored look but didn't move. I bent down and patted Smoky as I waited for Lion. I wasn't really that surprised that they didn't check me for weapons. If push came to shove only Lion had to get out.

"Is that who I think it is?"

I stood up at Lions voice. When I faced him he was wearing a curious smile. He still looked the same from head to toe. He was good looking with a nice built body. He got women and men in his bed left and right. One of his followers tried to whisper but failed. "It's the one we thought was a chick."

I kept my mouth in check and smiled at Lion. "I would really like your cooperation."

Lion tilted his head at me never losing his smile. "Really? Is that way you brought your dog?"

I smiled down at Smoky as she stood by my side. "Just a bit of training for her. Can we talk alone?"

He made a hand motion and started for another door. I followed keeping my guard up. The house was beautiful no doubt but way too flashy. I'm sure this isn't where he keeps all his goods. That would be just dumb. The brown doors closed behind me once I entered the room. It was a study. Lion took the seat behind the desk resting in the middle of the room. I sat on the couch not far wanting to keep him in my sight.

"You want to know who the new murderer is?" His face was smug.

"Yes."

"I don't know that information. I thought you would."

I felt Smoky lay by my legs as I kept my eyes on Lion. "Now why would little old me know that?" It was hard not to get sassy.

"The same reason you're asking about it."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're playing with me."

Lion leaned forward a little with a smirk. "You'd know if I was playing with that body."

I frowned at him in disgust. "What do you know about Dean. The son of-"

"I know who he is." Lion turned to his desk top. "Other than you keep him for information, he's a shadow kinda kid."

I bit my lip wondering what he was talking about. "Dean? I spent time with him for years."

Lion kept his eyes on his monitor. "He's spent time with you too hasn't he."

He had a point, Dean didn't know who I really was. But I'm sure I would've found something odd. He has been acting weird lately. Then again he's always been a bit off. "I have someone I want you too meet. They'll be here tomorrow night. Will you be free?"