14

Ch.14

I ran.

I sprinted out his house to mine so fast I almost fell twice yesterday. I could barely open my door as he chased after me. I started crying. I don't cry. I haven't cried since I was 5. Why was I crying? How did it even start?

I was in my room in bed under my covers. I couldn't for the life of me face Kevin again. It was like I fell in a puddle in front of the queen. I felt embarrassed and like the biggest fool. I skipped school again today. Thankfully it was Friday today.

Kevin knocked on my door after I ran out for about 10 minutes before going back home. I couldn't understand what was happening. He didn't want me but I wanted him. I was confusing his niceness with something else. I felt stupid.

"This isn't you Winter." I told myself sitting up.

It took all of 3 seconds before a groan left my mouth. Who was I kidding? Since meeting Kevin I haven't been as confident as before. He makes me want to just snuggle under him. Ughh!! I threw my blanket off me and started getting dressed. I won't just sit here and sulk.

After I had everything on I headed for school. Even if I'm late I should be able to catch my last 3 classes. 

I needed a distraction.

When I entered the school everyone kept looking at me. I smiled like it wasn't bothering me but it did have me on edge. I couldn't even make it down the hall before everyone started whispering. I wasn't in the mood for this. I walked to a small group of girls. I waved and smiled making them ease up. "Hey you guys, what's up with everyone?"

One girl out of the group of five stepped forward. "You go with Drake right?"

I nodded even though I wanted to smack her for saying such a thing. She looked uncomfortable as all eyes turned to us. "I don't want to do this." She said lowly to her group.

They frowned and looked uncomfortable with her. I grabbed her hand getting her attention back. I put a sad face on. "What's wrong? Is he hurt? What happened? Tell me." I looked at the group with pleading eyes.

The girl who's hand I was holding broke and gave in to me. "No he's not hurt but he's....well he's......with Joey. Joey Forest."

I dropped her hand and took a step back. Joey Forest is a openly gay boy here. He's pretty, small, annoying, and a fucking slut. Of course he went after Drake. He's never been happy about me stealing all his attention. Even if I didn't give a rat's ass about Drake it wasn't about him. It was about my reputation and how they made me look like a idiot. How long has this been going on? My pride was taking a hit and everyone could see.

I knew something was up with Drake but cheating? Isn't that a bit low. We just started 'dating'. First my feelings for Kevin. Then my break down. Now this shit. This is not my week. I smiled at the girl. "Are they together now?"

She looked scared so I might be smiling a little too hard. "Yeah. He thought you wasn't coming today so they've been booed up all day. They're in the library I think."

I nodded. "And how long have they been a thing behind my back?"

She looked at her group of friends and they turned their eyes down. "About a day after you.....maybe.....I guess. Listen I'm sorry I didn't want to-"

I ignored her panicking and started for the library. He could've broken it off with me. I wouldn't have given a fuck. But to try and make me look like a fool in my territory is a no go. This is my school and everyone knows it. They'll be reminded that even if I'm all smiles and hugs I'm not the one to fuck with.