17

Ch. 17

I touched my lips slowly before feeling wet drops on my hand. Looking down at it I was confused. Then I realized I was crying. I quickly whipped my face and felt my emotions bubble up. I screamed as I threw my pillow off my bed. I angrily stood up and ignored the tears that kept falling. I groaned, screamed, cursed, and cried all alone in my room. My body shook from all my anger and pain. I wanted to go on a killing spree. I wanted to kill so many people. I wanted this feeling to go away.

I fell against the wall and slide down. Pulling out my phone I tried calling Kevin again. It went to voicemail like it has been doing for the past few hours. I restrained myself from hitting my head and hung up.

Seeing that it was almost 3:00pm I got up and went to the bathroom to clean my face. My eyes were red and nose stuffed. I rolled my eyes at myself but couldn't help thinking about what happened yesterday.

---(Yesterday, not a date, date night.)---

I smiled at Kevin as he helped me sit down on the soft blanket. My heart fluttered watching him sit gracefully beside me. His arm touched mine and it was such a nice feeling "I hope you like fish. I'm not a chef but I can cook a little. If you haven't noticed I am a big fan of seafood."

I laughed at him and nodded. I was excited to taste his cooking again. Anything he made has to be good. My mouth watered thinking about the soup be made. I watched as he started placing everything that was in the basket out on the blanket. I actually felt like a normal teen on a date. It felt refreshing to feel normal. I felt excited to see where this will lead.

Once the food was ready I quickly took a bite. A moan escaped me as I tasted the flavors that exploded in my mouth. This was better then my cooking. Kevin chuckled at my reaction. "So are you alright? Nothing wrong?"

My mind drifted to Lion but I shook my head and swallowed my food. "No. Nothing. Oh except I'm going to be so bored this week since I'm suspended."

Kevin nodded and took a drink from his soda. "If you want....we can...spend more time together."

I had my fork in my mouth when he said that. My head shot up and I nodded quickly. The fork in my mouth bouncing up and down causing Kevin to laugh loudly. I wasn't even embarrassed as I watched him. He was so enchanting. "So why a picnic?" I asked once he calmed down.

He looked around the quiet park and smiled. "It just felt right."

I bit my lip and nodded. When he caught me he huffed lowly. I'll never understand why he doesn't like me biting my lip. "You'll hurt yourself."

I pouted and then smirked. "What's the real reason you don't like me biting my lip?"

I could tell he knew I was teasing. He just kept eating not answering me. I laughed at his quietness and kept eating myself. When the food was done I laid back on the blanket and looked up at the sky. The tree leaves we are under blocked most of the sunlight only letting a little through. It was just enough to warm my skin and felt relaxing. My eyes drifted close as a sigh left me.

I haven't felt this peaceful since...my parents.......

"Winter?" I opened my eyes slowly and saw Kevin was hovering over me. Half of his upper body was over mine. The position was so unexpected that a hot blush covered my face and I bit my lip without thinking.

Kevin's eyes locked onto the action. They seemed to darken like when he was angry. I knew he wasn't and I felt my breathing stop knowing why they did. He had a hunger in his eyes. It was so quiet and peaceful that I thought I was dreaming. It couldn't have been real, but it was. Kevin slowly was leaning closer to me. I started breathing again when I felt my lungs would bust. He was so close I could feel his body heat.