11

Ch.11

My back popped as I stretched causing me to sign in relief. I scratched my head blinking at the bright sunlight. I looked at the clock and saw I woke up an hour early. I smiled to myself as I got up to take a shower. I couldn't help but feel relaxed. Yesterday was bloody and perfect. I felt like myself again. I could go start my day feeling less stressed.

The hot water hit my bare skin making me close my eyes. It felt amazing, or maybe I'm just feeling great and think its amazing. I don't care I felt happy. Once I was done my morning pampering I started cooking breakfast. It's rare I wake up before my alarm with a smile. When I do it means I'll have a good day. I just have to keep interacting with idiots to a minimum.

I threw together a simple bacon and eggs plate. It will hold me over until lunch. I started eating drumming my hands on the table. I could hear birds chirping as the street was still quiet. I hope it's another great day for the weather.

After eating I cleaned my plate and grabbed my book bag and phone. I locked up my house and started my walk to school. Hopefully the day goes by fast.

When I reached the school grounds I couldn't even fake my smile. It was real and bright as everyone seemed just as upbeat as me. I saw Dean waiting at me locker for me and I walked over to him wondering why. "What's up?"

He turned to me smiling as he heard me. "Just was waiting. Everyone's excited for homecoming." His face fell as he gazed at me seeing my cheek. "You cut yourself?"

I nodded opening my locker. "It was stupid, I tripped getting dressed. I actually forgot that was this week."

He leaned on the locker next to mine with a smirk. "Then what has you so happy? Got laid?"

I could hear the anger in his words even if he tried to mask it. "No idiot. Just had a relaxing night."

Dean laughed at me looking unconvinced​. "Sure, if you say so. So what are you doing after school? I was thinking we can go to the ice cream place we met at."

I thought it over and shrugged. "Sure I'm free. You're buying though."

"Of course." he rolled his eyes with a smile.

The bell rung and we walked to first period. The school day basically flew by with everyone gossiping about Drake which I found weird. When I asked people about it they changed the subject or shut up all together. He didn't even show up today.

Weird.

"Hey Winter, are you alright?" Dean asked catching my attention. School was out and were were already at the ice parlor. It was a nice change.

I looked at him and waved off my dazing out. "Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for the sunday by the way. I love chocolate but it's so bad for my thighs."

Dean laughed at my whining. "You sound like a chick."

I rolled my eyes and focused on the bell hanging from the door of the shop. It made a peaceful noise whenever someone entered or exited. The ice cream shop itself was a old place. It was the longest one in business around here though. The ice cream was to die for. Just ask their last waiter who went missing. I snickered to myself before looking at Dean. He was holding back his laugh as he watched me. I cleared my throat awkwardly tying to play it off. Dean lost it and started laughing at me.

"Oh shut up." I told him eating my ice cream.

He calmed himself down after a moment ignoring others looking at us. "Sorry but that was so weird. What made you laugh like that?"

I shrugged and finished off my sunday. "You better finish your cone or I'll eat it."

Dean shrugged before handing it to me. I took it happily and used my spook to clean off the side he licked. He looked a bit entertained and insulted. "I'll never understand that side of you."