12

Ch.12

(pic of Smoky up top)

I looked up at the Red Lobster sign and couldn't help but smile at Kevin. He lead the way inside and we were seated quickly. "I'm gonna say it first...." I looked at him when he trailed off. He was looking over my face calmly. I tilted my head waiting for him to continue. "The biscuits are amazing." He said seriously.

I couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled up out of me. I laughed so much I had to cover my mouth to keep the noise down. "Yeah I know." I laughed out when I could breath right.

Kevin chuckled watching me. "I just wanted to make sure you knew."

When I got my giggles under control I ordered my drink. Who knew Kevin was a tea kinda guy? I rested my head on my hands looking at him. "So what is your job?"

Kevin eyes fell to me from watching a game on the t.v over head. "Just some boring things with paperwork."

I raised a brow at him. "You don't give much details."

Kevin smirked at me taking a sip from his tea. He didn't reply and that weirdly made me laugh. He smiled at me from around his straw. The waiter came back for our meals and we ordered. "So about your parents, I want to speak to them."

I ignored Kevin until the burn of his gaze made me give in. "No."

He set back in his seat. "No? Why?"

I ate some of my meal before looking at him. "They don't like strangers."

He gave me a looked that made me feel silly. "I just want to ask them when are they coming back. I don't like you being alone at your house for almost 2 weeks. Since I met you you've been alone."

I shrugged. "No big deal. If they come back or not I'm set for life. I know how to take care of myself."

Kevin leaned over the table more to get closer. "That's not the point. Your underage Winter and-"

"It's always me being underage." I said rolling my eyes. "It's starting to annoy me."

"I don't care."

I huffed as Kevin set back and kept eating. "I'm turning 18 in a few weeks."

Kevin didn't glanced at me as he spoke. "How many weeks?"

I bit my lip twirling my straw around in my drink. "Two and a half." Kevin gave me that adult look that he should not have mastered. "Don't look at me like that, you're only 20."

He sighed and nodded. "Yes I'm 20 not 17."

I stuck my tongue out at him. He laugh making me pout. I don't see what was funny. "Why is your tongue so small?"

I pouted at his statement and put my straw in my mouth. He tried to get me to talk again but I wouldn't let up. He just settled for chucking at me and my childish ways. We ate with me being stubborn and him trying to pick with me. After he paid the bill we set back out to his car.

Once we were seated Kevin turned to me smiling. "Come on you can't still be upset."

When I didn't answer he shrugged and set back in his seat. I glanced at him confused. "What are you doing?"

"We're not leaving until you stop pouting."

I huffed at his statement and rolled my eyes. "It's your fault."

Kevin hand grabbed mine in a gentle hold. I couldn't stop the shiver that went through me. The feeling of my chest hurting came back. It was painful, but a good pain. It was still weird not feeling disgust from his touch. My eyes met his deep brown ones causing me to swallow. They seemed to look at my deepest secrets. I felt bare and open to him. His features stood out making it hard to look away form him. "I'm really sorry Winter. I took you out to make up for how I've been acting but I've made you more upset. Forgive me for saying you tongue was small."