18

Ch.18

I made sure Smoky had her toys, food, and turned on the t.v for her before I left. I glanced at Kevin's house when leaving and saw his car wasn't there. It made me want to scream in frustration at myself. I didn't and kept walking. My body felt heavy and slow. I shook it off and straightened up. I can't risk showing Lion my state. I was happy I took those pain pills before I left. They helped me stay calm.

I looked around and saw that a lot of people were outside today. It was a small surprised seeing as only kids come out and play around here. But even the adults were out here. I made my way to an elderly couple not far who were watching over a pair of twins. When they say me coming they smiled. "Hello young man." I smiled hearing the old man.

"Hi. I was just wondering why it's so busy today." I made sure to keep my tone light.

The woman leaned a bit closer with a worried look. "You haven't heard?"

I shook my head and gave her my full attention. Her and and old man frowned. "That new killer killed a poor little girl last night. She was no older than five or six. We're just keeping a close eye on our babies."

I was surprised and I couldn't even hide it. "That's horrible and disgusting."

The elderly couple nodded agreeing. I said my thanks and kept walking. I've killed since I was 15. I've killed woman and men. But I have never, in my life, killed anyone under 16. Sure even 16 is young but six! That's just fucking sick. Plus I only killed that 16 year old because he attacked me.

Aka: My first kill.

I shook my head and started walking quicker. This killer is pissing me off. Its only a matter of time before the media gives that asshole a name. The nerve this person actually had to go after a child. What the hell is with them?

It just made me feel angry. Because of this I won't be able to kill for a few days. The police always go on high alert when a child is killed or missing. The cops will be around every corner. I needed a kill after what happened too. This just fueled my need to find out who this was quicker. If this keeps up I'll have to either stop killing or move. I'll be damned if I'm pushed out my territory.

I cleared my thoughts when I saw the house I've been dreading going back to. I stood straight and put my hands on my pockets. The guards spotted me and moved aside. I kept my eyes on the cream colored house wondering just who was inside it. When I was let in and lead to Lions study I could hear multiple people talking inside. The guard knocked on the door before opening in. I didn't wait for permission to enter. Once I strutted in I sat on the couch and looked at Lion.

He was wearing his signature smirk. My eyes then drifted to the other two men in the room. One was a guard by the looks of it. The other man screamed danger. Although I can't say he scared me one bit. He was at least 6'3, even though he was sitting. His face was sculptured to be perfect. His dark brown curly hair stopped at his neck. His eyes, weirdly, were a creamy brown. He was in a black tux that made his built body stand out. He was all together vary handsome. But Kevin.....was still better looking.

"Winter, I'm glad you made it." I could hear the hidden happiness in Lions voice and it irritated me. "Why am I here?"

He just smiled at my sass. "I wanted you to meet Mr. Creed. He's heard a lot about you."

I slid my eyes to the man sitting in the chair. Mr. Creed kept a blank face. He was looking me over and looked unconvinced about something. It made me slightly hopeful that he would lose interest in whatever Lion had planned and just leave. "I told Mr. Creed about your.......nightly activities."

I turn a sharp glare at Lion. "How?"

Even if I had a hunch that he knew who I really was I wanted to know how he knew. And what the hell possessed him to tell this man. He could be a cop for all I know. Lion ran a hand through his hair looking vary smug. "Cameras caught you more then once but I erased it. Don't look at me like that Winter. It makes me hopeful."