22

Ch.22

            It's been a week since Kevin came back. I've went to my last two days of training and tried not to be distracted. Of course, Kevin asked where I went and where my bruises came from, but I distracted him each time. Today was no different, he kept his eyes on me as I texted Lion. I was supposed to go see him today to look at that video. It was still early in the day today, so I still had a few hours until we had to meet.

I glanced up at Kevin and caught his eyes. He kept staring, waiting for me to speak first. I put my phone up and sent him a small smile. "Why do you keep looking at me?" I asked him to while I pull my legs up more on the couch.

He leaned a bit closer to me. "Who were you texting?"

I gave him an indecisive look and shrugged. "Just someone from school, I do have friends."

He nodded and laughed a little. "Yeah, I'm just worried."

Kevin was still injured from when he got taken. Turns out they were just common thugs that was helping the guy whose wife called the cops on him. They bruised Kevin's ribs and the arm of the rookie he was with. Kevin moves a bit slow but tries to look brave and fine for me. I just act like I don't see and cuddle up to him.

"How about some lunch?" I stood up off the couch and was about to head to the kitchen but was stopped when my arm was grabbed, and I was pulled back lightly.

I could feel Kevin's body heat as his chest touched my back. "Don't worry I not hungry. I miss touching you Winter."

I blushed hard as I felt my heart flutter because of his words. His hands moved over my shoulders slowly and down my chest. I could only bite my lip as I felt his breath flow across my neckline triggering me to shiver. "Kevin I don't think-"

His mouth found my neck causing me to lose my words. The pleasurable tingles that ran through my made me grip the couch cushion under me. He kept moving his hands over me while kissing up my neck. I pulled myself together and forced my body to move away from his. I stood away from the couch gazing down at him frustrated. Kevin was looking at me slightly worried and slightly annoyed. "What's wrong?"

Is he for real? "Kevin you're still healing. And I'm not 18 yet so all the touchy gotta pause."

He sighed and shrugged while standing up as well. "I'm fine Winter, just a few bruised ribs. And yes I know the rules."

"A few bruised ribs are a big thing. If you don't let them heal properly then who knows what will happen." I made sure to keep distance between us.

Kevin was shaking his head a little. "I just want to hold you; I won't break a bone from that." His tone was teasing.

"I don't care I'm not risking it." My decision was final.

Kevin stood gazing at me for a moment before tilting his head at me. "Are you really not going to let me hold you over a few hurt ribs? You have bruises yourself and you still do whatever you want."

I rolled my eyes at him. "That's not the same."

Kevin only shook his head at me before sitting back down on the couch. I shrugged at his attitude and went to get my shoes. I'll just go see Lion a little earlier then planed. Staying here with a frustrated Kevin will be a pain. I could see Smoky watching us from her spot by the t.v. I knew she'd keep him company.

"Where are you going?" He asked when he saw me grabbing my keys.

"I do have to clean up the neighborhood you know." I told him before opening the door, reminding him of my school punishment.