20

Ch.20

I was so close to ripping everyone around me head off. I came home to find multiple cops and detectives around Kevin's home. They won't tell me why they're there or anything. I called Mr. Samuel hopping he could help me so he's coming down now. I was made to go to my own house which made me even more upset. Kevin still won't answer his phone and those pigs know something about that. I could only guess that something went wrong while he was working. Too many things are going around in my head and I was growing worried.

I stood up from my couch and made my way to the door. I opened it and walked back on my porch looking at the hectic scene at Kevin's house. I crossed my arms as a deep sigh left me. I was tempted to go back to the training facility and track his location down. But he'll find it crazy if I show up there along with weapons. I needed to keep my head about this.

The sound of a car pulling up got my attention. I saw it was Dean and was relieved, he could know something about this. I watched him make his way to my house and up the stairs.

"Hey Dean." I tried to keep anything but niceness out my voice.

He smiled at me before looking at the scene next door. "Hey, I just heard about your neighbor. The department hates when things like this happened to cops."

I stood a little straighter and cleared my throat. "What is going on? It looks like a drug raid or something."

Dean shook his head quickly. "No, he's a cop and he's gone missing. I heard my dad talking about it today. He was called in for a domestic disturbance and some shots were fired. No one knows what happened to him because the scene was empty when they arrived. Plus, the car cameras were busted and the footage is missing. They don't know where he and his partner are because they weren't in the neighborhood."

I nodded showily taking his words in. I needed to calm down and think. I was sure that Kevin could handle his own. I can't just run off and play hero, it wasn't my style. If he was shot and killed, then I'll kill the fucker who dared to do such a thing. All I can do until he's found is try to locate his cellphone signal while training tomorrow or owe Lion again. I was actually thinking about killing for him. I shouldn't be surprised by that realization, but I was.

"They said he went missing around two hours ago. They say it's a chance he could still be in that area. My dad is putting his all into finding him." Dean sighed lowly causing me to look at him.

He didn't really seem to care at all about this. His poster was way too relaxed, and words held not a care in the world. He made it sound like he was speaking about a game on t.v or the weather. I turned more to face him leaning a bit on the door behind me. I started reading him more just in case he was holding something back.

"What do you think about all this?" I was curious about his answer.

"What do I think? Well....I think telling you this is a waste of my time. I mean cops get killed every day and the same thing happens."

"So why are you here telling me this?"

Dean shrugged while swinging his leg. "I was just being a good friend. Plus, when I heard how close his house was to yours, I knew you'd be worried. All these cop cars around while those killers are still out there would make anyone worried."

I nodded and turned to enter my house again. Samuel was coming soon and I needed to get my acting ready. "Well thanks Dean for coming to tell me. It's getting late so I'll be going in now."

Dean gave an unsure look before nodding. I closed my door as he started walking off my porch. For a guy who grew up around the law he sure is heartless.