24

Ch.24

        I knew that it was too good to be true. The reaction he gave to Dean was too pure. I was tapping my foot for about an hour when Kevin still didn't return down stairs. I angrily stood up and went upstairs to look for him. When I didn't find him anywhere around, I forced myself to calm down. He must have left after what Dean said. But to not tell me was just low. He knew I would get pissed off about this. He should have come to me if he was that effected by that dumbass's words.

I left my house in Smoky care as I crossed the front lawn to Kevin's house. I knocked hard without meaning to. I couldn't find it in myself to care about that. Just knowing he snuck out to get away from me because of what someone thought was pissing me off more and more. When Kevin did open his door I sent him a dark glare.

"You know your glare makes you look cuter." Was his first words.

I ignored his words and pushed my way into his house. I went and sat on the red couch willing myself to not blow up. Keven was smart and sat on the cream seat not far. I might have hurt him if he was too close.

"Why would you just leave without telling me? After what happened you don't think I would freak out if you just suddenly disappeared? On top of that you let me sit there like an idiot for an hour without even a text. Do you know how angry and hurt I am? Was this about what Dean said at the door?" I was proud of myself for not screaming.

Keven thought over his words. "I know what I did was a dick move. What he said did get to me. I mean, how many others think that? I'm sorry if I hurt you."

I was past my limit. He was always thinking about what people think. "Are you fucking stupid!? I can't believe you actually are still thinking about what people are thinking! I'll be 18 in two days and your acting like you're still ashamed!" I stood up to start pacing out of anger. That made me madder since I hate pacing.

Kevin stood up as well but made no move to come closer. "I know it seems that way Winter but it's not. I just don't want something to ruin what we have because of me slipping up. Just calm down and we can work this out."

I felt like a pissed off cat as I stopped and glared at him. "Really? Work it out? Work what out, the fact that you're a coward? You fucking left me!" I felt like I wasn't stressing that enough to him.

Kevin's face held guilt but that vanished into anger after my words. "You need to calm the hell down and stop yelling. I'm thinking about our future and taken the steps to get there. I'm sorry I left you alright."

"No not alright Kevin. You let another person get into your head that wasn't me. You were thinking about saving your own ass and leaving me to fend for myself. Why would I want a future with you?" My anger had taken over at this point and I was too gone to stop it.

Kevin eyes flashed with hurt at my words. "Go home and cool off Winter before you regret coming here."

I felt like something clicked inside me. "Are you threatening me right now? Are you fucking dumb?"

Keven huffed and ran a hand down his face. "Wint-"

I threw a couch pillow at him cutting him off as it hit his face. "Don't you dare say my name! Fuck you coward!"

One moment Kevin was glaring at me then the next he was over me as I was pushed on the couch. I could feel his grip on my arms and it made my blood pump even more. I could feel my adrenaline rush through me. "What? What are you gonna do?" I said lowly as I glared at him.

Kevin was frustrated, and I could feel his control slipping. I wanted to know how far he'll go. I wanted to push him that far. "I told you to calm down." His voice was threatening and made me shiver.