twenty-eight

comment, vote, share
                            ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
WARNING: this chapter is a huge what the fuck but it finally gives a bit of back story to Kyle and Matt's relationship which is kind of vital.

CHAPTER 28| KYLE

HAVE YOU EVER FELT THAT EVERYTHING in your life was going a little too well? Like a tsunami of questionable terrible events was going fall upon you and cause havoc on your life? Yes? Perfect. Because that's what I felt was going to happen, an awkward shiver slithered down my spine as the guys, Eve and I sat down on stage of The Roxy, dust danced around in the shreds of light that peeked through the windows. Eve was leaning against my shoulder, her head buried in my shoulder half asleep, Evan along with Matt practically cradling their acoustic guitars and Griffin playing a cajon box drum in the corner. It couldn't have been more than a couple of days since I told her how I felt but I still had to keep our 'relationship' at bay, in all honesty I was still terrified to get into a relationship and I didn't think she'd be 100% ready either so for now we were undefined but stable. "So..." Matt cleared his throat after we had finally worked out the rhythm for our new song and Evelyn was sound asleep.

"So...?" I questioned raising my eye brows. He rolled his eyes looking to Griffin and Evan but only to receive a lopsided grin and shrug from them.

"Are you two together or what?"

"Dude, really?"

"Well we were all thinking it, even if these two bastards were finally trying to be polite." Matt exclaimed throwing his arms in the air making Evan glare and Griffin scoff. "No offence."

"You know just because you say 'no offence', it doesn't make what you've said any less offensive, but to answer your question no, we aren't together." I winced as Eve wriggled in my arms, her brows knotted together and her lips pulled into a small frown. I'd never admit this to her face - not because I'd be embarrassed but because knowing her she'd end up calling me Edward Cullen - but she kinda looked adorable when she slept.

"Wow." Matt rapidly blinked, crossing his arm. "You're a bigger idiot than I thought - and you can be offended, smart ass. You have a fucking amazing girl who obviously likes you and you aren't taking advantage of that? Where's your brain at? Or are you still hung up on Christa?"

Anger laced through my bones just at the sound of her name, it whirled and festered in my stomach and pulled hard at my intestines as I felt myself scowling. "Fuck off, you know fuck all about Eve and our relationship as for Christa, you of all people should know where I stand with her, Matthew."

His lips parted almost shocked at my sudden outburst, obviously not expecting me to react the way I had. "You're still not over that? It was two fucking years ago."

"You knew though. You knew she was fucking Uncle Dean weeks before I found out." I glowered standing up, my chest felt tight and constricted.

"I apologised for that."

"You think a damn 'I'm sorry' will fix it? You were the lead mechanic at his shop, Matthew and you were supposed to be my best friend, you allowed me to walk around thinking I was going to marry this girl and give up everything for weeks and you think a shitty apology will fix something?" I spat. Griffin and Evan grabbed a hold of each of us, steadily pushing us apart before something happened.

"Guys, fucking cool off." Griffin sighed pulling Matt further from me.

"Get him away from me before I-"

I laughed, I mean I shouldn't because I knew Matt could take a hit more than anyone and I also knew his painful his punches could be, not that I had cared in this particular moment so I should have seen it coming when his fist cracked against my nose but I didn't. The last few moments seemed to be in slow motion, an ear piercing scream and my body falling against Evan, I gritted my teeth as I regained my composure. I wish I could've said that I punched him  or we had a somewhat engaging fight where I fought for how I felt about the situation, more importantly about Evelyn and proclaimed that Matt would rue the day he hit me it'd make for a great story but it'd be complete and utter bullshit. I kinda just stood there for a moment a bit disoriented. Evan speaking calmly (which meant he was pissed) to Griffin telling him to get Matt home, saying he's going to take me to see Kathryn in case I'd 'broken my nose' and Eve now apparently awake and at my side, her lips pulled into a frown.

"Do I still look handsome?" I asked coyly once they had both gone and Evan tried to get me in his car. Evan rolled his eyes.

"How with a busted face are you still conceited?" She whispered to me but mainly to herself but she nodded sarcastically saying, "You're the handsomest in all of London."

Now if was my turn to frown. "You shouldn't be mean to a hurt person-"

"Guys, sorry to stop the love dispute, can you both get in the fucking car? I'm burning petrol here and I don't really want Kyle's blood on my seats." Evan grinned impatiently.

"Yeah, yeah." We both rolled our eyes climbing into the car, Eve in the back and I was of course shotgun. "How is Kathy, anyway?" I asked staring into one of the rear view mirror noticing how she was suddenly frowning.

Was she jealous?

Nah.

"She's good, she'll probably be even better after seeing you." He rolled his eyes making me laugh before abruptly pinching my nose.

"Fucker. Kathy loves me, it's common knowledge."

"She really doesn't, but you had better explain to Emma that Kathryn is my sister and not another one of your ex's before she blows her top." He chuckled glancing at Eve in the rear view mirror, her lips were pulled into a deepened frown, her arms crossed and her teeth clenched.

I grinned turning around awkwardly to face her, Eve's cheeks were a dark scarlet but she was too stubborn to cover her face. "I like you, babe but if it's any consolation you look cute when your mad." Earning me a thump on my arm and her flipping me off.

Rude.

"Kyle, are you trying to see how many people you can get to assault you in one day? Now, pack it in." He muttered and I kept quiet after mockingly mumbling.

"Okay, Dad."

Note to self, Eve apparently doesn't like to be told that she's  cute when she's mad - too bad.

•••••

Things are going to clear up and smoothen out a bit more in the next chapter but guys, we are almost at chapter 30!! And by the looks of it you guys are alright for a sequel/spin off?

Do you like the new cover? 😍