thirty-two

comment, vote, share
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

CHAPTER 32| EVELYN

HIS HANDS CALLOUSED HANDS SCOLDED my skin as I finally emerged from the bathroom, still attempting to fan off my embarrassment from earlier with Griffin who was still here, in our kitchen probably eating. "Babe, you smell good." I felt him grin as he buried his neck in my shoulder feathering small kisses along the name of my neck making me laugh as I pulled away from him trying to make it not look like he had any effect on me, even though it undeniably did but Kyle didn't need a bigger head. Although I had to admit, it did feel good to know not only what we were but that we were finally on the same page.

"Thank you?" I mumbled awkwardly.

"It's Slater's birthday today..." His voice trail off nervously.

"And you forgot?" He scoffed. Yep, he forgot.

"No. Pffft. Anyway, the guys and I need to set up, are you able to head to his and distract him?" He said abruptly giving me a huge grin somehow knowing I would give in. "You're the best, babe." He exclaimed kissing my head before running to the bathroom narrowly missing his head on the door.

I laughed grabbing my beat up old phone and calling Slater. He and I had grown closer which was nice especially since he (without Kyle's full on influence) was trying to help me despite it being a dead end, he would just mutter "I enjoy the thrill of the chase."

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?" His voice sounded rough and groggy as if I had just woken him up. "Do you know what the time is? The sun hasn't risen therefore I don't need to either."

I stifled a laugh, "As good as the reasoning for that is, you're wrong. It's 8am now, the sun rose long ago."

He grunted. Actually grunted at me. "That's bullshit, it's still too early. This isn't school, no 21 grown adult should be up until at least 10."

Well looks like someone isn't a morning person. I sighed. "Please, I just need to talk to someone right now." I said with an exaggerated sigh.

"What's Kyle done?" His voice sounded alert and awake now. "He hasn't hurt you, has he? Evie I swear, tell me if he has-" His voice was soft, smooth and comforting. I almost felt bad.

"Just meet me at Andy's in an hour, please?" I pleaded.

"Be there in 30." He fumbled around with something before hanging up. Oops. I smiled awkwardly turning to a laughing Griffin. His long, wavy, ash blonde hair fell into his eyes as his cheeks flashed red.

"You and I are going to come great friends." His eyebrows twitched as his shoulders shook from laughter. I returned his smile as Kyle stepped out of the bathroom in only a towel, his skin was still dripping with water. Don't stare. Don't stare. Don't-great he's caught you staring.

"Why did Slater call me to yell at me about treating you right, Eve?" He asked confusion laced in his words making Griffin laugh even harder. I shrugged grabbing his jean jacket and kissing his cheek deciding it was probably about time to go.

"I have no idea, babe." I grinned feeling his damp hands grab my torso and pull me back against his chest. Great.

"You're a bad liar, Eve. What are you planning?" He asked placing a kiss on the top of my ear that was protruding out from my hair.

"Nothing, now bye bye." I said running out of the door she out from his arms before he could say or do anything.

I briskly walked through the London streets practically clawing my way through the huge crowds of people trying not to trip or fall over. Especially because I wanted to avoid the tut's and groans from busy commuters. By the time I had got to Andy's Slater was already sitting at one of the oak tables, his glasses crooked and his black wispy hair sticking out in many directions almost as if he had literally just gotten up. His black jumper practically falling off of his slim shoulders and his coat carelessly thrown on the back of his chair. Now I really felt bad. Gnawing on my lip I sat opposite him, his eyes looked tired and a dull hazel green.

"Hey," My voice died in my throat as I nodded to Abby,  one of the waitresses for my regular and offering Slater a coffee and a pastry at least. That was the one perk I eagerly enjoyed about working at Andy's, free coffee and pastry's and if you were persistent half priced booze since Andy didn't exactly enjoy giving her works alcohol regularly although she didn't say why, she just had fearful look in her eyes. "Slater you look awful."  I muttered guilty clutching my coffee mug watching the foam bubbles pop. I meekly took a swig of my coffee and picked at my apricot and vanilla danish (Jace's recommendation).

"Thanks, Evie. That's really boosting up my self confidence levels. If we aren't lucky I'll be as big headed as Kyle soon." He sighed running his hands through his hair.

Grabbing his hand I mumbled. "Honestly, I am sorry. Is everything okay? Like really okay."

"Yes." I gave him a hard look, he smiled softly. "No."

"What's happened?" I frowned I couldn't help but feel concerned. He had grown into a brotherly figure over the past couple of months and I was more than grateful  for that.

"Aspen's gone again. She was at mine last night and I went downstairs because Claudette was calling me for something and when I came upstairs she was gone." I frowned feeling my chest ache slightly. Aspen was unhealthy, toxic even but he was falling very hard and very fast for her. You could tell it was in his eyes, not that anything you could say would change this.

I looked at him sadly he cut me off before I could speak. "But it's fine. Knowing her she'll be back soon." He laughed falsely before adding. "Stop distracting me, now what's Kyle done to you? He hadn't hurt you has he? Has his drinking gotten bad again?" He rambled into his cup his eyes hard and serious. 

Drinking?

What?

What drinking?

I shook my head furiously. "No he and I are good, don't worry." He let out a sigh of relief although he didn't push me afraid that I would shut down if I did and we sat and talked about Aspen and Kyle's show until I got Kyle's text.

TEXT SENT FROM: KY🎶

Ready, leave in 10 minutes.

--///--------

IT'S OKAY, I finally uploaded. 😇😅
Anyone else think Kyle and Evelyn are such adorable sweethearts🙇?  Aspen is little mean to poor old Slater. 😭

It's almost over.

*silently sobbing* still thinking of sequel names. Chapter hopefully should be uploaded on Wednesday. Do you guys want longer chapters or short and frequent chapters? 

Thanks for all the followers and likes, adds etc. ❤️ love you all! Stay rad and rocking as Griffin would say.