thirty-three

comment, vote, share
                            ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

CHAPTER 33| KYLE

A THICK OBNOXIOUS CLOUD OF SMOKE filled The Roxy's stage as Slater walked in, discarded bar stools and pint glasses scattered everywhere as we all hid behind the crimson red velvet curtain, just waiting for my single. I was peering from the small opening of the heavy curtain and Evelyn had shortly escaped Slater as they walked in exclaiming that she needed to pee and that she'd meet him in the hall whilst simultaneously knocking his rather large black framed glasses off of his nose in a panic to meet me and the guys. We had invited Slater's friends, his foster parents Jae and Claudette and a few other people that we knew knowing how Slater felt about crowds and how uneasy he was when it came to meeting people. "SURPRISE!" We all yelled erupting from the curtain making Slater (the clumsy man that he is) shriek in terror almost falling over.

"Surprise! Happy birthday." I smiled simply handing him a relatively large box unwrapped with the words "TO SLATER, HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY!" scribbled messily on the box. I didn't have time and he probably guessed because he laughed throatily seeing the outer box was screwed up and practically falling apart, only a few pieces of sellotape holding it firmly in place. Without wasting any time he ripped open the box revealing a matte black rolleiflex camera, his eyes grew wide and his lips parted feeling the antique brown leather.

"Kyle are you fucking with me right now?" He exclaimed ignoring the fact that his glasses were falling off of his nose. His hands trembled with shock, his gaze not moving from the camera. He almost didn't even flinch when Claudette hit the back of his head saying to ''mind his language" and how he shouldn't be speaking in the manner that he was. He apologised gruffly before turning to me again. "Did you really buy this? For me?"

"Slater, don't ask me questions just say thank you." I laughed suddenly feeling his arms wrap around my torso his curls practically being shoved up my nose in the process. He murmured a collection of thank yous before hanging the brown leather straps around his neck.

"You're the best, Ky." His smile was so wide I was almost afraid his dimples would turn into wrinkles and his jaw would fall off.

"I know, now go enjoy your party. Oh Arlo said that he and Silus were coming by later, they had to go pick up your surprise." His smile wavered slightly but he nodded going over to where Evan, Claudette, Kathryn and Jae were conversing about God knows what.

"That was sweet of you." Evelyn's silk voice erupted from behind me, her arm wrapped around my waist with a wide smile.

"Because I'm a sweet guy, duh." I smiled wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her close to me, her body pressed onto mine. A shrill laugh escaped her lips knocking her head back sarcastically.

"You're hilarious. Honestly. Are you a comedian?"

Rolling my eyes I pressed my lips against hers raking my hands through her soft hair, her dark waves softly hit her slim shoulders and her homemade fringe that she had cut (despite everyone - even Kathryn saying that she should go to the hairdressers instead) bounced across my forehead that tickling me. They were choppy and the blonde had long gone, her natural dark waves shone in the light. She looked beautiful. "I'm not a comedian, no. But I am yours."

Her cheeks flushed red as Kathryn cooed (rather loudly) behind us. Eve pushed her head into my chest muttering a rather colourful selection of curse words mainly saying 'I hate you' to me. "No you don't." I whispered back looking back up at Kathryn. "Must you be embarrassing all the time?" I asked rather intrigued.