thirty-seven

comment, vote, share
                            ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
"Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do." - Hozier, Like Real People Do

CHAPTER 37| KYLE

I WISH THAT I COULD SAY THAT AFTER THAT night things between us had significantly changed and we were acting like lovesick teenagers kissing back stage after my shows, staying up late talking about nothing in particular. Her telling me about these elaborate plots in these books she's been reading whilst on break at work. Us talking about our dreams and hinting of the future but it wasn't like that. We laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling, her hand placed on my chest and my hand on her bare hip, tracing circles to pass the time and listening to the hum of London.

We didn't speak much after our confessions, we didn't need to. We both were living and seeing each other's demons as well as our own. My mind drifted to our time together as friends to her being mine wondering where I stumbled over so badly that although the woman whose captivated every single part of me in my hands she feels so distant. I could feel myself falling for her, but was it the right time?

My hands moved from her waist to her hair, brushing out the loose knots and tangled before murmuring "I have somewhere I need you too see." It wasn't particularly late outside, the sun had just began to sink under the peaks of the tall buildings, the sky a fluorescent pinkish orange.

"What, now?" Her voice croaked surprised by my sudden outburst. "And this can't wait until the morning?"

Hook.

I rolled my eyes pulling her under me and using my elbows as a support so I was leaning against her. "No." She groaned with a frown.

Line.

"Please, for me?" I poured, my nose brushing against hers.

"Fine."

And sinker!  Particularly proud of myself for convincing her (not that it'd be particularly hard since I am pretty charming if I do say so myself). Pressing my lips against hers momentarily I pushed us both out of bed ignoring her protests. She stood next to me with her hands in mine still, my top just brushing against her thigh with a tired and unamused expression on her face. "Where are we going?" She muttered watching me grab a duffle bag from the wardrobe and her one from the closet and haphazardly throwing it on the bed and stuffing my clothes in mine.

I looked up at her with a grin, "It's a secret." She groaned and rolled her eyes at me. "It'll be worth it, I promise."

"No! Don't!" She screamed as I began to undo her bag to pack clothes in. My hand froze on the zipper with a confused expression.

"Okay?" I stepped back from hers.

"I'll do it, don't worry." She laughed awkwardly to herself picking up her bag and putting it close to her chest. "How long will we be there?"

"Only two days, we'll be back on the third day, so you can go to work and I can go to my gig."

Eve nodded seemingly content, "Alright. Have you and Matt made up yet?"

My jaw tightens at his name. "No. We've agreed to ignore the issue for the sake of our band but we don't speak of the issue or her again." I stated simply and got our toiletries from the bathroom.

After around 30 minutes we were all packed and in Griffin's car that I had once again borrowed. I had been planning on taking Eve away a day spontaneously for a while now, not quite knowing when the most appropriate time was especially since the arguing and the almost breaking up that had occurred. Loud music thumped through the speakers as Evelyn sang along loudly and out of tune, sometimes not even knowing the him words but miming them anyway. "Why aren't you this lively when you listen to my music?"

She laughed. "Because sometimes you're a little pitchy," She winked, a smile grew on my face. I felt almost silly that a little thing like saying what she had said to me when we first met would be so affective but it somehow was. "Are we almost here yet?" Her lips pulled into a deep frown.

"Yes?"

"There's only trees here?" She questioned taking a moment to guess that I was lying she groaned and continued to stare out of the window.

"Because we've only just passed St. James' park?" I laughed turning the radio down, desperately not wanting to hear their loud, overzealous car adverts. "In a moment, look outside. We are about to pass London Bridge, it looks beautiful at night - plus I know how much you love lights."

"Yes, sir Mr. Tour guide." She added with a mock solute although it was replaced by a gasp as we drove her a bridge, hundreds of small twinkling stars lined the bridge and it's reflection illuminated the Thames river. It had to my favourite part of the city. It was better in the summer after coming back from the local carnival or festivals, it somehow made me feel free. I couldn't help but keep glancing at her from the corner of my eye, the moons pale glow hitting her star struck face and the small twinkling lights from the bridge reflecting in her ash grey eyes, her dark hair being brushed back as we exited, she was stunning to say the least but I knew I was falling deep, not that I was prepared to stop myself.

I was too far gone. "That was beautiful!" She beamed. As if all at once everything for the first time began to align perfectly. It was just us, her and I speedily driving across the bridge looking over the city. I could tell by how she looked at me with those damn eyes, and how her lips curved when she smiled at me she said my name. She may have been a hurricane but I was more than ready to dance in the rain. We lapsed into a silence before I finally stopped the car outside of a rather small eerie hotel on a small street.

"We are here." I threw my hands up dramatically.

"And where is 'here'?"

"...Whitechapel?" I mumbled hoping she wouldn't kill me for the long car ride that took longer than it needed too.

"What? We didn't need to go over the bridge then! Why did you waste even more time with that 20 minute detour?" She exclaimed.

No arguments. Just listen, don't talk.

"The bridge is amazing at night." I simply said grabbing our bags from the boot of the car. "Aspen is allowing us to say here, they came down to rehearsal and I explained how stressed we've been lately she she suggested to stay at the hotel across from  hers for a few days our own little get away."

"How do you know Aspen? How did you know I'd even agree to this?"

"I didn't. I just hoped you would. And you'd be surprised who you meet when you're low and past broken." I said seriously, "Let's get you inside, Eve."

****

TWO CHAPTERS LEFT GUYS. 😭 uploads will be a little staggered? But I also have a surprise for you guys that will be uploaded the same time as the final chapter❤️. 😫😫