The Meeting

*Italics=Your own thoughts*

You woke up, surrounded by the green wallpaper of your new home. It all still felt sort of unreal. You had never been one to be bold or rash in your decisions. Quite the contrary, you tended to be indecisive. Yet, here you were. As you stepped out of the front door, there was an orange box with a purple bow on it. The card read: "Here's a little something to get you started. –Mayor Lewis." Inside was packet of fifteen parsnip seeds to be planted in spring. Well it's time to get to work then. You grabbed your tools and began slashing and hacking at the rubble in front your house. Once the ground was clear, you used your hoe to till the soil. It took you a bit of time, but you began to get the hang of it fairly quickly. After having planted the seeds and watered them, you felt some of your energy drained, but decided to go into town anyways. I hope I won't be too awkward. It was still 8:00am, you could smell the flowers in the air and everything was blooming. Butterflies floating about. It was beautiful.

Following the signs, you made your way into town. The first place you visited was the clinic. Inside a man with soft brown eyes introduced himself, "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Harvey, the local doctor." He told you a bit about his job before you left.

Walking around was a plump woman with a long braid of hair. She smiled at you, "I'm Marnie!" and invited you to visit her ranch and check out her products. You smiled back a lot and thanked her, not knowing what else to say.

Next was "Pierre's General Store." Pierre exclaimed, "Hey, it's Y/N!" He encouraged you to buy seeds from him instead of Joja Corp. You assured him you would never buy from those people, which was apparently the right thing to say.

You kept walking and found a built man with short brown hair standing by the tree next to a house. "Hey, you're the new girl, huh? I think we're going to get along great. I'm Alex." He was playing with a football as he talked to you. "I'll see you around." These people are all really nice. Inside the house were two elderly people that greeted you. The old woman held your hand and said, "Why, hello and welcome to our little community, dear! You can call me 'Granny' if you like." She is so sweet. Her husband, whose named you learned was George simply said, "It's irritating to have to meet all these new people, huh? Now, buzz off" and continued to watch TV. You began to apologize, but Granny Evelyn simply told you to not worry about him.

In front of a worn trailer sat a blonde woman with heavy makeup drinking a beer. "Hey kid, name's Pam. Don't be a jerk and we'll get along fine." You continued to introduce yourself politely as you had been and got out of her way.

As you passed the town's graveyard, you saw a girl sitting below a tree reading a book. She simply said "Hi...Did you want something?" You introduced yourself and she rapidly apologized for being so rude and began blushing. Her name turned out to be Penny, Pam's daughter, she tutored the two kids in town.

Passing by was a tall girl with a green shirt and muddy boots. "Hi, my name is Leah. You picked a good time to move here...the spring is lovely." Her voice had a cheerful tone as she spoke to you about Cindersap forest. She could be really helpful, seems to know a lot about the wild.

A girl with bright blue hair and red lips opened the door of the house that followed. "Ooh! I can read it on your face. You're going to love it here at Pelican Town. I'm Emily. Stop by the saloon. That's where I work!" She was so friendly, it really made you smile. Until another girl showed up. She had blue eyes, styled blonde hair and an adorable, sexy outfit. You felt inadequate in your dirty boots, jeans, and shirt.

"Ew, you're sweaty." You had been dreading something like this all day.

Emily yelled, "Haley! That's rude!"

"Fine, sorry. I'm Haley. Don't bother talking to me."

Emily began to argue with her sister but you just said, "It's okay. I guess it's all the farm work and walking around. I'm not used to it. And I'll do my best to stay out your way!"

They continued to argue so you just left. The house next to Emily's was a deep blue. You knocked on the door, but when it opened you couldn't see anyone. Big eyes looked up at you and the young boy said, "Oh, a stranger! My name's Vincent." You knelt down and shook his hand. His mother quickly showed up and gave you a strange look. "You aren't exactly how I imagined...but that's okay. I'm Jodi." What's that supposed to mean? you thought but remained polite.

As you walked around, you found your way into the town's library. A thin man with a baby blue cowboy hat introduced himself as Gunther. He apologized for not having any archaeological artifacts on display and asked you to let him know if you found any. You enjoyed helping others so you agreed despite having just arrived. Reading a book along the shelves you saw a man with a handsome face and long, flowing hair. He caught a glimpse of you and smiled, "Ah, the farmer we've all been expecting...and whose arrival has sparked many a conversation. I'm a writer. My name is Elliott. It is a pleasure." He then kissed your hand which was a little shocking.

Above the library was the blacksmith's. He was a large, average looking man. "Er...hi. I'm Clint. If you ever need to upgrade your tools, I'm your guy." After you introduced yourself, you both just looked around. He seemed uncomfortable so you promptly left.

Standing on the bridge above the river was a pale girl with curly, purple hair. "Oh, right. I heard someone new was moving into that old farm. It's a shame. I always enjoyed exploring those overgrown fields by myself." You encouraged her to keep exploring since it was a large area and you were barely getting started. She stopped acknowledging you and looked off at the water.

"Her name is Abigail." A guy with spiky blonde hair and a big smile showed up. "Hi, I'm Sam. Nice to meet you." He told you about his music and you said you couldn't wait to hear it.

You had to walk further up to reach Robin's house. She introduced you to her husband, Demetrius and daughter, Maru. Demetrius did scientific research and Maru helped him out. She began talking about the DNA of crops and all you could do was nod. What a smart girl. You walked right and picked up what seemed like a horse radish. As you got up, you were surprised to see a guy dressed all in black with his hair covering half of his face. He looked at you, "Oh, you just moved in, right?" very casually, "Cool." Oh, I'm so relieved. He looked kind of rude, but he seems nice. "Out of all the places you could live, you chose Pelican Town?" You struggled to respond and he just walked away and began to smoke a cigarette. He wouldn't really understand. His name was Sebastian.

Upon walking from your meeting place with Sebastian, you found a scruffy looking man with gray hair and beard, wearing strange clothes. "I'm Linus. I'm homeless by choice. Have you come to judge me too?" You assured him you wanted to be friends, but he still looked at you a little coldly. It is a bit odd to be homeless by choice, but I'm nobody to judge him.

It began to grow dark and on your way home you ran into the Stardrop Saloon. Emily excitedly waved at you. She introduced you to Gus, the owner. He offered you a beer on the house as a welcoming gift. You got closer to the fireplace to warm your hands. It was spring, but the nights were still cold. You saw a guy you hadn't met in a tattered Joja uniform and short and dark purple hair. He was drinking beer, fairly quickly. There was something about him that made you feel weird. You began to introduce yourself as you had done all day, but he didn't look at you. After a few second, he drank from his beer and your eyes met, his were dark and lacked any light, "I don't know you. Why are you talking to me?" You stood there. Unsure of what to do, you quietly said "Sorry" and walked away. You left your beer and walked outside.

Emily came chasing after you, "Don't feel bad, Y/N. His name is Shane. He's like that."

You remained quiet.

"Y/N?" Emily seemed concerned.

"Don't worry, Emily. I'm okay, but it's late and I have crops to water in the morning. Thank you for everything. Goodnight!"

"Alright, Y/N. Be safe on your way home! See you tomorrow!"

Credit for image: http://peapupful.tumblr.com/