Discovery

You awoke from that dream. I just "met" him. I don't know anything about him and yet, there's this look in his eyes... For the love of Yoba, I have to stop and get to work. You began shaking your head as if that could make your thoughts of him go away. Ready to face the day, you checked the mail and discovered a letter from a man named Willy on your mailbox: "Hello there, Just got back from a fishing trip. You should come down to the beach sometime. I've got something for ya." You had spent all your time in town meeting people, that you forgot to visit the beach. I will go right after I finish watering my little parsnips! Though it didn't sound like a complicated thing to do, you struggled to water the correct area and sometimes ended up watering the bare ground. Is it really so hard to get the water to land where I want it?

As you began to walk into town square, you saw a glimpse of violet...moving right towards you. Oh, Yoba, what do I do? Panicking, you hid behind the clinic. I wonder where he's going this early...would it be too weird if I followed him? I'm just trying to get to know the town, that's all. You quietly followed behind Shane, making sure he wouldn't notice you. Finally, you arrived at JojaMart. Of course! His uniform. I should've known he was heading to work. So Joja has even slithered its way into this small town. "Join us. Thrive." Thrive? More like die. You waited some times before entering the evil store. A man with the face of a crow welcomed you," How are you doing today? I don't believe we've met. I'm Morris, Joja Customer Satisfaction Rep. When you decide you want to become a member..." Blah blah blah... You ignored Morris and looked around to find Shane. You spotted him by isle C, stocking the shelves. You felt a little curious and got awfully close, but he still didn't seem to pay any attention to you. He was hard at work. Even in this terrible place, he's working hard. That's kind of admirable... You began to blush at your own thought of him and quickly left the store. Once outside, you took a deep breath and walked over to the beach.

You finally found Willy on the deck. He was smoking tobacco from a pipe. The strong aroma intermingled with the saltiness of the ocean air. The water was calm and the day was warm. "Ahoy there, miss. Good to finally meet ya. I'm still tryin' to unwind from a month out on the salty seas...Finally saved enough to buy me a new rod. Here, I want you to have my old fishing rod. It's important to me that the art o' fishing stays alive. And hey, maybe you'll buy something from the shop once in a while." Willy taught you how to fish, despite you being kind of slow and messing up completely several times. This is more difficult than I thought... When you finally understood the basics, a few hours had passed.

"I'll buy anything you catch. If it smells, it sells. Heh heh. That's what my ol' Pappy used to say, anyway."

"Thank you so much for all of your kindness! I'll do my best!" you told him with a serious look.

"No need to be so polite, Y/N," he chuckled, "we're like family in this town. Glad to have ya."

You thanked him anyways and headed home to get some well-deserved rest.

Credit image: http://maricu.tumblr.com/