Solarion Chronicles

It was the 10th and Sebastian's birthday today. You had prepared a special gift for him from the caves you knew he would like. Your mind had been all over the place lately so it would be good to spend time with friends playing games.

You took care to check on your animals before leaving. Your barn and coop had been slowly expanding, but you loved your animals all the same. They were more than your livelihood, they were also companions. You were grateful to have them. Sometimes on really bad days, it did you good to go pet them and talk to them for a while. They were good listeners of things that you hadn't been brave enough to share with anybody else.

There was a brisk breeze on the way to Sebastian's house. It was a good way to really wake up. By the time you got there, you had the energy to play some games. Robin greeted you as you came in.

"Hello, Y/N. Here for Sebby's birthday party?"

"Hi, Robin. Thank you for having me. Yes, but birthday party? Are a lot of people coming?"

"Oh, no. I'm just calling it that. I'm excited he's finally doing something for his birthday. It's been years! He never wants to do anything."

"I think maybe he just prefers being alone sometimes and not making a big fuzz of things." you said thinking about him.

"Yes, but...sometimes I worry about Sebastian... he doesn't have many friends and doesn't really seem to care about his future very much... I would talk to him about it but he never opens up to me."

"I don't think you should worry too much. He takes programming pretty seriously and he has some ambitious plans about going to the city. He'll be out doing his own thing before you know it!"

"Well, when you put it that way... It is somewhat relieving. Though I will miss my Sebby if he leaves. As his mother, I just want him to be happy." she put her hand to her cheek and closed her eyes.

"You love him a lot. He's very lucky to have a mother like you to worry about him." you gave her a small smile.

"I wish he'd realize that!" she chuckled, "Anyways, they're down in his room I won't hold you any longer. Have fun!"

You went down to his room and noticed Sam and Sebastian sitting with a board spread on the table.

"Hey, Y/N." they both said.

"Hey guys! Happy birthday Sebastian!" you said with a big smile.

"Thank you. You ready to play?" he asked in his same stoic tone.

"Yep, I am ready. The walk here got me energized."

"Hmmm... If only Sebastian here had your energy, Y/N" said Sam teasingly.

"Okay, here we go...Let me draw the scenario card," he shuffled and pulled a card, "It looks like today's quest will take us into the Necromancer's Tower... to try and reclaim the Solarion Staff from the clutches of Dreadlord Xarth."

"Cool! Y/N, are you ready to choose your character?" Sam asked you.

"Hmmmmmm..." you were being indecisive again.

"It's alright. We've played this game plenty so you can choose whatever you'd like. We'll work around you." Sam said giving you a thumbs up and handing you a beer.

He says that... but it's Sebastian's birthday...I'm sure he plays the wizard so....

"I'll be the healer. I prefer to help others."

"Healer, huh? That's a very important role. I'll pick the wizard then." Sebastian said.

"Cool! Warrior's my favorite anyways. Seems like the three of us make a great team!"