Morning Light

Your stomach was still sick with worry. Cold, feeling as if a fever crept through you, giving you cold sweat and shivers. After a few hours, you started to numb out under the blankets. Sebastian had fallen asleep on the chair, his arms crossed, head tilted to the side. He was such a good friend. You could never repay him.

Slept found you.

The next morning it was still raining. The thunder had stopped, but the light tap of the rain on the roof was still clear. The air had a fresh scent of wet dirt. You wished you could enjoy it. You heard some clanking in the kitchen. Sebastian came into your room again and handed you a plate of toast with strawberry jam.

"Good morning, Y/N. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm okay, Sebastian. Don't worry."

"Really?"

You shrugged and gave a small, sad smile.

"Right. It's not much, but I wanted to make sure you eat."

"Thank you, Sebastian. I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it. Y/N...about last night...In your sleep you kept..."

There was a knock on the door. Both your heads turned towards it.

"I should get that. It might be news about how Shane is doing. " you said quickly getting up from the bed.

"Go ahead." he said eyeing the plate of food you just set to the side.

You opened the door and to your surprise it was actually...Shane himself. Sebastian walked through the door as soon as he realized, saying he should go. But you and Shane never broke eye contact.

"Hey..." the bags under his eyes looked dark and deep.

"Hey." you replied.

"Oh man...Uh...How do I say this..."

"It's okay. Just try."

"I'm really sorry about what happened at the cliffs. That was...embarrassing."

"I'm just happy you're still here." you teared up a little.

"Wow, it was that serious huh? I can hardly remember." he looked to the side and rubbed his head.

"It was... I was really worried."

"I've decided I want to see a therapist. Harvey got me in touch with a colleague of his..."

"That's really good to hear, Shane." you said as you grabbed his hand.

"Yea... Anyway...I just wanted to thank you for taking care of me. And I wanted you to know that I'm going to take things a little more seriously from now on."

"I'm here for anything you need. You know I will always support you." you squeezed his hand.

"I know... I really want to get better."

"I am so happy that you do. I believe in you, Shane."

"Thank you, Y/N. You're really....I don't want to be a burden on anyone...especially not you" his voice cracked.

"You don't need to say anything else." and you pulled him towards you into a tight embrace.

The rain continued to fall, but there was a small opening in the sky, letting in a ray of morning light. 

Maybe everything is going to be okay this time.

*Sorry for the insanely long hiatus. I hope to finish this story this summer. Thanks for all the support everyone.*