The Stardew Valley Fair

The day of the Stardew Valley Fair had arrived. You had received a letter from Mayor Lewis about a week ago explaining that this fair was a big event for the town. Apparently people from all over the country came for it. You were intending to display your produce for the event. I really doubt I will win at all. I'm sure I'll probably do badly, but I think I'll enter anyways. It was almost 9 AM, so you began to head over to the fair. You were bringing an amethyst, amaranth, a purple mushroom, grapes, an albacore you recently caught, a pumpkin, a plate of sashimi, a hazelnut, and an eggplant. Everything was of the best quality you had, which was probably not much compared to the others. There was cool breeze, but the sky was clear and the sun helped keep you warm. You looked for Mayor Lewis and you found him rather quickly as you arrived.

"Well (Y/N), it's the big day... Our most important festival of the year, the Stardew Valley Fair. If you'd like to participate by setting up a grange display, I've left an empty stand for you. Just let me know after you've set everything up so we can get to the judging."

"Uh...Thank you. I'll go do that." you walked over to the grange displays and noticed Pierre's, Marnie's, and Willy's looked amazing. You politely greeted everyone. Caroline explained how Pierre had been "setting aside the best-looking produce for weeks in preparation." I probably shouldn't have procrastinated like I tend to do... Marnie claimed hers wasn't as good as Pierre's, but you assured her it looked great (which it did). Willy tried to encourage you to no avail. Your bit of confidence began to flee quickly. You set up your display and just walked away. It felt inadequate. You overheard a tourist talking about Marnie's display, "Wow, that's the biggest cheese wheel I've ever seen. Very impressive." I told her it was great... You sighed. You ran into Sebastian You thought he'd be with Sam and Abigail, but he wasn't.

"It's kinda hectic today... There's so many people all over the place." he seemed a little annoyed.

"Oh, uh...I'm sorry. Should I..." you were interrupted.

"No, no... So, are you participating in that grange display?" his hands were in his pockets and he leaned against a fence.

"Uh...yeah, I am. But don't bother even looking," your smile looked a little sad, "I'm sure it'll be disappointing."

"Why?" his brow wrinkled and he looked at you.

"Well, everybody else's looks much better."

"Huh? I don't even have to look and I know yours is better than theirs."

"What do you mean?"

"Trust me. You'll do fine." he closed his eyes and took a drag off the cigarette.

"Um...thank you. I'm going to go say hi to everyone else. You wanna come?"

"I'm just gonna hang out here for a while. I'll be there for the judging."

"Oh... Great..." you gave a small chuckle as your rubbed your arm.

You continued to greet people and found Shane standing by some cows, chickens, and pigs. You immediately felt slightly better.

"Hey, Shane. Is this like a petting zoo sort of thing?" you looked towards the animals.

"Hey. Yeah, these animals are friendly and love to get massaged." he said as he rubbed a cow's head, "You wanna try?"

"Hmm... would I pass up the chance to pet some adorable, cuddly creatures? Heck yes, I wanna try." he smiled at your response.

"Alright, come closer." you did and he took your hand, slowly raising it towards the cow's snout and holding it there. The cow smelled your hand and Shane proceeded to softly place your hand on the cow's furry head. It was warm. You blushed slightly. Whenever he touched you, your body felt tingly. Even if it was just to put your hand on a cow's head. You rubbed the cow as Shane fed it some hay. Vincent was standing on the small fence yelling, "Mooooo!" while Jas looked resentfully at the hens.