Rainy Day

There was no need to water your crops. The rain would be your magical watering can for today. It left you more time to do other things. As you put on a raincoat and stepped out, the earthy scent of rain falling on dry soil made you feel tingly. You looked up in wonder and inhaled deeply as if out of breath. Without really meaning to, you began thinking of him again. This cold, gloomy rain reminded you of him. It was getting to be time for him to go into work at JojaMart. I wonder what he's thinking right now. Slightly away from your crops you saw a bright, yellow flower. It was like a small sun in this cloudy day. You gently plucked the flower. It was a daffodil. It's so beautiful. Maybe this could get him to smile. You hurried off and waited for him in town square. I hope this doesn't waste his time and make him late. Oh, there he is.

"No, I don't have time to chat with you," he said as he kept walking.

"I was thinking this might make your day a little better." You handed him the daffodil with hopeful eyes.

He stopped walking and finally looked at you, "I don't really like this." You apologized, but he simply continued on and you eventually lost sight of him.

Well, at least he took the flower. You sat on the bench in front of the saloon. So he doesn't like flowers. I should've probably expected that. Not everyone likes flowers. I don't know what I was thinking. Why do I feel so bad? Maybe if I plant some seeds I'll feel better. You headed to Pierre's, but when you tried to open the door, it simply stay put. You checked the calendar. Of course, it's Wednesday. Why didn't I buy some yesterday? I'm such an idiot. You also couldn't help but notice that Shane's birthday was on the 20th. I definitely won't be giving him flowers.

Walking with your head down, you found your way into the beach and moved around aimlessly on the docks. Suddenly, you ran into a dark figure. When you looked up, you realized it was Sebastian.

"Hey"

"I'm sorry for running into you! Im so so...."

"Don't worry about it. You're very small so I barely felt it."

"Oh, I guess I am kind of small."

"What are you doing out here in the rain?"

"I don't know. Just thinking." you looked down.

"Try to stop thinking for a bit. Watch the rain. I'll never grow tired of the rain...especially out here."

"It is amazing and it smells amazing too." you began to smile a little. You stood around while Sebastian smoked several cigarettes under his umbrella. The sun had already begun to set and the day grew darker. "I'm going to go to the saloon. Thank you for helping me." you gave him a wide smile.

"Help you with what? I was just enjoying the rain."

"Right. Aren't you going home? It's getting late."

"I have trouble sleeping."

"I think I might have some teas for that if...."

"I'm okay. Just go."

"Oh okay. Well, goodnight then. Be safe getting home!" you said, but Sebastian stopped responding.

Getting to the saloon was a bit of a struggle in the dark, but you managed to make it. You bought a beer even though you didn't have much money to spend. Trying to not think at all, you walked over to Shane.

"I'm sorry about earlier! Here!" you said as you handed him the beer, trying to avoid looking at his face.

"Now, this is my favorite." He said accepting it.

Not knowing what else to do, you blushed your way into a seat away from him and asked Emily for a water (since you had spent your money on that beer for Shane). I wonder what else he likes. Maybe I can ask Emily or Gus later. With this in mind, you headed home.

Image Credit: http://dunyun-rings.tumblr.com/