Adventure at the Community Center

It was a bright day of fall. You had been curious about the Community Center, a place you constantly passed by, but never really went in. Every time you felt this strange aura emanating from it. Something pulling you in, but also keeping you away at the same time. The air was cold and crisp that morning. You took a few deep breaths and decided to go in. Back in spring, Mayor Lewis had bitterly told you about how nobody seems to really care about renovating the Community Center. How there is a lack of "caring" in this town lately. You were new at the time, but recently, this place had been in your mind a lot. This is where it had begun after all, seeing those weird things. Occasionally, when you passed by this place, you'd see small, strange creatures. You never seemed to get a good look, but you figured it was time to figure out what was going on. You entered one of the rooms and found a golden scroll shining. You got close and tried to read, but it was a language you did not recognize. When you looked up, you noticed a shadow passing by and disappearing. What was that?! Maybe it's just rats. The place was old and so odd. It was making you nervous, though your curiosity would not die. You heart was beating faster, so you decided to walk out. It may not be safe. Maybe it'll be less scary if I take someone with me. Like Shane. I'll ask him tonight. As you walked home, your breathing was back to normal. You noticed you had a letter in the mail. Huh...I thought I checked it when I got up...

"My sources tell me you've been poking around inside the old community center.

Why don't you pay me a visit?

My chambers are west of the forest lake, in the stone tower. I may have information concerning your...'rat problem.'

-M. Rasmodius, Wizard"

You had seen the Wizard's tower before and even spoken with him a time or two, but it was only at festivals. You never had the courage to visit his home. How did he know I was at the community center anyways? Guess he really is a wizard.

You decided to visit him right away. There was no point in waiting. You wanted to know what all this was about. As you walked through the forest, a mist began to fall over the valley. A light fog began to settle. The tower looked like something from a gothic novel. It was made of stone with an arched door. Vines covered the structure. A crow was perched on a tree near the door. It seemed to look at you with its abysmal eyes. This is the part in the movie where I get killed... The wizard appeared, "Ah...Come in."

The room was lit by a fire in a corner of the room. A table with some stones was near the entrance and opposite to that was a giant cauldron with green fumes coming out of it. There was a book shelf but stacks of books were scattered on the floor as well. The wizard stood by a strange circle that was drawn on a piece of stone floor and some crystals were placed where the lines connected.

"I am Rasmodius...Seeker of the arcane truths. Mediary between physical and ethereal. Master of the seven elements. Keeper of the sacred cha-...you get the point. And you...(Y/N). I foresaw your arrival long before the spring."

"It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. We had spoken before, but it's good to finally meet." you bowed, trying to be friendly.

"Here, I'd like to show you something," he gestured towards the circle, "Behold!"

One of the strange creatures you had seen before suddenly appeared in the middle of the circle.

"You've seen one before, haven't you?" he asked.

You nodded.

"They call themselves 'Junimos'...Mysterious sprits, these ones...For some reason, they refuse to speak with me," the Junimo disappeared, "I'm not sure why they've moved into the community center, but you have no reason to fear them."