𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

"Do you think she's going to turn back to...you know who?" Sam asked after Regina stormed out of the diner during the Hood family reunion.

"I don't think she would. Not after coming this far," Katherine responded while she and the Jones siblings watch Emma chase after the brunette woman.

"She wouldn't do that to Henry," Everly stated in a tone that made it seem like she was trying to convince herself that Regina's evil alter-ego wouldn't return.

"Think they're going to have a magic fight?"

"Sam!"

"It was an honest question," the blonde boy defended with his hands raised up in surrender at the same moment Robin, Marian, and Roland started walking towards the front door, "this can't end well."

Everly rubbed her hands down the sides of her face while Katherine elbowed the boy next to her in response to his comment. The three of them just sat there for a moment longer before they decided it was time to follow David and Mary Margaret and join the chaos that was most likely taking place on the patio. They didn't even have to open the door to hear the shouting.

"Is everything okay?" Mary Margaret asked as everyone walked down the steps and approached the small group before the princess' eyes landed on her stepmother, "Regina, are you alright?"

"What? What is wrong with you people?! Why are you talking to her?!" Marian shouted right as Henry and Killian walked out of the diner to join them, "don't you know who she is?!"

While the brunette woman continued to yell at everyone on the patio, Everly's eyes stayed glued to the Mills woman. It didn't take a genius to see how hard Regina was trying to hide her emotions. The life and happiness that was in her eyes not even an hour ago had completely vanished.

It wasn't long before the Evil Queen's attention moved away from the panicked woman and landed on her son. The two of them just stared at each other for a long moment before Henry took a small step forward while staring at his mother with concern in his eyes.

"Mom, what's going on?"

"She's a monster!" Marian declared while pointing straight at Regina.

The two women had a long staredown before the one from the past protectively took Roland up into her arms and went back into the diner. An uncomfortable silence settled around those still standing on the patio while they simply stared at the Mills woman. They all watched as Regina took one last look at Henry before turning and walking toward her house. Emma called after the retreating woman and moved to go after her, only for Killian to grab her arm and pull her back. The Swan woman instantly sent him a glare before her attention went back to Regina.