𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

No one knew how much time had passed since the Dark One entered the diner. All Everly knew was that she, Sam, and Katherine hadn't taken their eyes off of him since he set foot in Granny's. They also noticed that with more time going by, the more anxious Rumplestiltskin became. But what confused them the most was when he looked over at Everly with concern in his eyes. It was as if he didn't want her anywhere near the diner.

Before another thought could pass through Everly's head, the sound of a bell cut through the air. Her attention was instantly drawn toward the door to find Emma, Regina, David, and Mary Margaret walking into the diner. Belle instantly looked over at the newcomers with relief in her eyes before her attention fell on the small bag in the Savior's hands. "The necklace. Do you have it?"

"It's right here," Emma responded while holding the bag out in front of her.

Belle instantly took it from her before handing it over to Mother Superior, who took the bag without an ounce of hesitation. Everyone watched as the Blue Fairy opened the pouch and dumped the contents into her hand, only for everyone's hope to fade at the sight of the small pile of rocks in her hand. The leader of the fairies just stared at the stones for a moment before looking up at the heroes standing in front of her. "It's pebbles from the mine."

"Thought so," Katherine whispered just loud enough for Everly and Sam to hear, drawing their attention to her before she continued speaking, "she talked about the sister like she was her lifeline. Plus, Jackson told us they were really close. Did you really think Elsa would give up on Anna that easily?"

"It's too late," Sam told them after listening in to the adults' conversation. Sorrow settled onto his features as he looked away from the heroes and over at Everly and Katherine. "There isn't enough time for them to finish the counterspell. We have to be prepared for when it hits."

────── ★★★ ──────

As soon as Everly got back to the cove, she found Sam trying to teach Adam how to use a sword. The Jones girl just stood at the entrance of the cove and watched them. They both seemed happy in their little moment of peace, which brought a smile to Everly's face. It wasn't long after that when the former Lost Girl took a few steps forward to make herself known to the two boys.

When Sam saw her walking towards them, he took the sword out of Adam's hands before the two of them moved to meet her halfway. Once they were close enough that he didn't need to should, the blonde boy opened his mouth to speak. "How's Felix?"