𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋

────── ★★★ ──────

It wasn't long after Everly, Sam, and Katherine got back to their motel room when the power went out. The three of them just stood in pitch-black darkness while the Jones girl felt her heart rate quicken. One look at the blonde boy standing next to her told Everly that he was feeling the same way she was.

"No!" Sam shouted after a few more minutes passed of them standing in the darkness before he turned to look at the two girls standing next to him, "we need to get the lights back on!"

"What's wrong, Sam?" Katherine questioned with a hint of confusion in her voice while Everly walked towards the nightstand on the other side of the room.

"He doesn't like it being this dark...it's a Neverland thing," the Jones girl explained as she looked through the drawers for a flashlight, "I'm trying really hard to not let it get to me."

"Why does it scare you so badly?"

"Because there's no light on Neverland," Sam answered her while he continued to try and calm himself down, "the longer you find yourself on Neverland, the more you fear what lurks in the darkness around you."

Everly tuned out the rest of their conversation as she continued to search for any possible source of light. A huge grin appeared on her face when her hand finally came in contact with a flashlight. The Jones girl instantly turned in on then turned around to shine it at the former Lost Boy and the concerned girl standing next to him.

"Better?"

"Better."

After we find two more flashlights and shrug our jackets back on, we head back downstairs to try and figure out what was going on. As soon as they walked into the diner, Everly's eyes landed on her sister sitting at the counter with her son. By the looks on both their faces, the Jones girl knew Emma's attempts at cheering Henry up failed.

"That's okay," the three teens heard the Truest Believer tell his mother as they approached the duo.

Emma just stared at her son for a moment longer before letting out a long sigh and heading towards the door. The trio instantly picked up their pace to follow her outside onto the patio. It didn't take long for Everly, Sam, and Katherine to notice that the Savior picked up her pace before the blonde boy let out an irritated groan.

"We're coming with you!" Sam called out to the Swan woman, making her stop in her tracks before she turned to face them with an exhausted look on her face.