𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

All the excitement was officially over and Everly, Sam, Katherine, and Killian finally made it back to their hotel room. Just as the three teens were about to start getting ready for bed, the pirate captain stopped them and began talking about them trying out the local school. His idea caused a huge smile to appear on Katherine's face while Everly and Sam stare at the raven-haired man with skeptical looks in their eyes.

"It would be good for the two of you," Killian said after seeing the expressions on the blonde teens' faces, "Henry attends and he loves it. Just go for a day and see what you think."

"No. I spent enough time attending school back when I was cursed," the Jones girl stated before she looked up at Sam and back at the pirate captain, "the only education we need is how to keep ourselves alive."

"Plus, Henry's been attending since he was a kid. He's just used to it," Sam added as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back on the wall behind him.

The only response the two of them received was an annoyed sigh from Killian before he looked out the window. Everly just stared at him for a long moment then she walked across the room and stopped in his line of vision.

"Is this your way of keeping us out of trouble?" the blonde girl asked while Sam and Katherine watched their exchange from the other side of the room.

"No," the pirate captain replied, earning an unconvinced look from the girl in front of him before he added, "I just think it's what's best for all of you."

The Purest Heart instantly quirked her eyebrow at the raven-haired man as her eyes continued to study every inch of his face. "Is this Emma talking or you?"

"It's mainly your parents."

"Well, they aren't mine," Sam declared, only for Katherine to step in front of him with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Come on, Sam! It'll be fun!" the Scott girl exclaimed as the blonde boy continued to stare at her before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. I'll try it...for one day. But if I don't like it, I'm not going back there."

"Thanks, Sammy. I knew I could count on you to back me up," Everly said while sending a glare his way at the same moment a small smirk appeared on Killian's face.

The Jones boy sent the blonde girl a sheepish grin before he and Katherine went to get ready for bed. As soon as they were gone, Everly turned her attention back to the pirate captain, only to find him staring back at her with a pleading look in her eyes.