𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

A week had passed since Everly began training with Jacob. Her magic was getting stronger every day and she was beginning to gain control over every part of it. Her emotions were no longer taking control of her magic and she was able to call her powers with ease. The Overland boy was surprised by how quickly she picked up on everything, but he would never admit that out loud. Over the course of the week, Jackson never showed up, but that didn't seem to worry Jacob.

Earlier that morning, Jacob decided that Everly was training enough to control her magic, even when her emotions were on overdrive. Because of that, the Jones girl now found herself standing in front of the Sheriff's Station, debating whether or not to go in. She knew her family was going to be angry with her for disappearing for as long as she did, which was in reason. But that doesn't mean she wants to face the music.

Everly stood in front of the door for what felt like an eternity before taking in a deep breath and entering the station. Emma and Elsa's voices greeted her ears as she walked through the halls and around the corner. The Purest Heart stayed out of sight and listened for a moment longer before walking out from behind the wall. Everly just stood between the door to Emma's office and the wall next to her as she watched the two women, who were completely unaware of her presence.

"And, Elsa, we have to be careful. This woman is tricky. She seems to know both of us, and we don't remember anything about her," Emma announced in a tone that was far too familiar to the Jones girl, "and something tells me that is not an accident."

"You think she took our memories?" Elsa questioned with a hint of confusion in her voice.

"I'm really good with names and faces. It was my job. She took them, alright. The question is why," the Swan woman responded right as Everly peeked around the corner, "we need to find out what she's up to."

She just stared at the duo as they dug through boxes. Everly was beginning to have second thoughts about coming back as her heart pounded in her chest. After taking one last deep break, the Jones girl came out from around the corner to make herself known.

"Looks like I missed something important," Everly said, causing Emma and Elsa to look up from the files in front of them.

The Savior just stared at her sister with shock in her eyes. After not seeing Everly for a few days, she didn't expect her to show up at the station. After her initial emotions faded, Emma walked around the desks to stand in front of Everly. "Where have you been?! Everyone's been worried sick!"