𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly just stared at her parents as they began to bicker back and forth about how they hated each other. About how they wished they never build their lives with each other. Behind the Jones girl, Kristoff was talking to Anna about how he was grateful they kept postponing their wedding and how it was a terrible idea in the first place. That caused Anna to walk away from the blonde man to join her sister and Emma in the latter's office. Despite the arguing going on around her and the shouting coming from outside the building, Everly was grateful that Sam and Katherine were sitting silently in the chairs next to her. But even she knew that wasn't going to last much longer.

When she finally turned her attention toward her brother and best friend, Everly found them staring back at her with blank expressions on their faces. It was as if no thoughts were going through their heads, which made the Jones girl nervous. She had a feeling that the longer they were silent, the worse their words and actions would be. It wasn't long after that when Everly watched Sam turn his attention towards Katherine, signaling that the arguing was about to begin.

Instead of sitting there and listening to their bickering, Everly decided to copy Anna's actions and go into Emma's office. However, when she saw all three women staring at each other with sadness in their eyes, the Jones girl somewhat regretted her decision.

"By the looks on your faces, I missed something important," Everly said, making Anna jump before all eyes landed on her.

Emma exchanged a quick look with Elsa before the former's gaze landed back on her sister. It wasn't long after that when the Swan woman forced a smile onto her face and opened her mouth to speak. "Elsa and I are going after the Snow Queen. I need you to stay here with Anna and keep everyone safe."

All Everly could do was nod in response then Emma handed Neal over to her. The Purest Heart hesitated before she carefully took her brother into her arms. She just stared at Neal until her attention moved back to where Sam and Katherine sat on the other side of the window. It wasn't until a hand was placed on her shoulder that Everly broke her gaze away from them to look back up at Emma. "You need to stay strong. We're gonna fix this."

────── ★★★ ──────

It took a lot of persuading to finally convince Adam that he'd be safe in the cove while Everly and Sam were out. Even after he agreed to be left alone, his allies could see the worry in his eyes. Despite that, the Jones girl led her closest ally into the forest. Neither of them said a word as they jumped over boulders and fallen trees. It wasn't long after that when they finally arrived at their destination.